Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Are tightening muscles caused by numbness?

[Jo...]

Are my muscle squeezing, tightening, and stiffness caused by numb muscle? The reason why I am asking is because I seen people say that they numbness on their back, legs, head, and etc. I am wondering if the muscle stiffness and numb muscles are one of the same?

Edited by [Jo...]

[ns...]
4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Are my muscle squeezing, tightening, and stiffness caused by numb muscle? The reason why I am asking is because I seen people say that they numbness on their back, legs, head, and etc. I am wondering if the muscle stiffness and numb muscles are one of the same?

Hi Joshua, 

The numbness your experiencing is more than likely due to withdrawal tight muscles, tension, stiffness are all something I read a lot of people have including myself.

It's a difficult one for sure. I have this everyday, until I sleep which is only about 3 to 5 hrs if I'm lucky.

But I can switch my focus to get relief. Just being still and keeping my hands and mind busy and not moving calms everything down. I realize it's impossible to ve still all the time, but it's a way to get a break. Distraction is so important. I can get myself dressed and we go to a store for exposure therapy. This gives me a chance to keep busy  abd distracted, but also gets me back into life!

We tend to stay home because we're miserable but that's not so good is it?

Another thing I di is I watch positive things on YouTube. Trey Jones anxiety on YouTube is a great help, therapy in a nutshell with Emma is another one. Trey Jones had extreme anxiety including health anxiety and panic attacks. This included symptoms similar to withdrawal. 

Tension, muscle spasms. Everything you can think of including ibs and many belly and stomach issues.

I watch him because I have anxiety and panic attacks and he's helped me so much. I've heard from others here how they also have relief since watching him.

Relaxing and acceptance are so important and I found tips with these two for that. 

So,

Just a suggestion for you Ok

I hope you find relief too

R

Take care 

Ns

• Like 1