Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

diazepam withdrawl strategy

Hi, i am 35 years old. In 2016 i started using 1 mg clonazepam for treating anxiety. I am treated also in 200mg Lustral. 2.5 years ago I tartes to tapper off to 0.75 mg clonazepam, and when i was on 0.5 mg clonazepam i switched to 10 mg diazepam for slow tapper. I succeeded to decrease the dose to 2 mg diazepam now ( a very long tapper according to Ashton Manuel). 5 weeks ago I tried to tapper to 1.5 mg ( 3/4 tablet, 25% reduction ). After 3 weeks it was very difficult ( nausea, diarrhea, anxiety and more symptoms) -then I went back to 2 mg for one week for stabilizing. I wasn't stable 100%, and last week i reduced again in 10% ( as suggested here in the forum. On Saturday  i started having diarrhea .nausea, ibs symptoms again, high anxiety and more symptoms.

Is it also too rapid? too quick?

what are you suggesting me to do? to stabilize again on 2 mg for at least a month and then to reduce in 10% every 4 month?

I am starting to think that it is impossible to withdrawal from this medication.

another question- 1 year ago i started having ibs symptoms- is it due to the diazepam withdrawl?

thanks

[Re...]

Hello @[...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I am really sorry you are having difficulties during your taper. 

I have approved your post to get your account going. Unfortunately, I have to go, and would not be able to reply to you properly. I am positive a Buddie will share their thoughts and ideas very soon.

I am very happy you found us, this is a wonderful and helpful community. 

Take care, 

RR

[Ma...]

Sorry you are suffering like this.  It’s hard to pick apart GI symptoms of WD from regular GI issues.  It could just be a bad flair of IBS which worsens the anxiety and other symptoms of WD.  You are down to a pretty low dose and close to the finish line.  I can’t tell you what to do because only you know what your body can tolerate.  If it were me though, I would try to tough it out and cut down a few more times to 1 or .5 and then jump if you are still somewhat functional.. Beat of luck