Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Providers In California

[Be...]

Hello, 

I'm currently on xanax 0.75 mg/day. A psychaitrist has suggest a 12 month period to taper off this medication at approximately 5% a month. Does anyone know any providers, apart from the ones listed on the Benzo.info website, who practice in the state of California and can support in this process. 

[de...]

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!   Glad you found us.   You will find lots of support here!    Have a couple of questions for you.   When you say provider, are you looking for a psychiatrist in California? You mentioned a psychiatrist's recommendation for a taper.   Are you a patient of that psychiatrist?  

[Be...]

That Psychaitrist is overseas. I'm looking for someone who isn't mentioned on the Benzoinfo Coalition.

[de...]

I understand.  Hopefully, someone who lives in CA might have a recommendation for you.  

[Be...]
Posted (edited)

I don't have much account activity or many connections on this page. If you can share my post it would be of great help. 

Edited by [Be...]

[Be...]

Yes, one of them was an active member of the withdrawal community however I don't wish to disclose his name. 

[Li...]

@[Be...] 

Angie Peacock recently interviewed Jennifer Giordano, DO.  According to Dr. Giordano’s website, True You Psychiatry & Wellness:

“We can provide complete care with patients in Michigan, New York, Florida, California, Virginia and Arizona.”

You may receive more responses if you post your request to our Benzodiazepine Withdrawal, Use, and Recovery forum. (More members read and post to that forum than this one.)

Here’s the interview: