Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Caution: Ketamine and Actylcholinergic Neurotransmitters

[Da...]

Hi Just wanted to share my experiences:  (Funnily Enough Long Covid has same symptoms! Maybe they were using Benzos too??)

First - Anticholergenic Medication - Anti-histamines, over the counter, but in other meds like Clonodine, Z Drugs, Anti-Psychotics, and so many more.  My Psych, had me taking Clonazepam, Zoplicone and Clonodine and Dramamine (for nausea - high antihistamine).  So essentially I was not sleeping at night, I was sedated - big difference!  My shaking is the result of these drugs as Acetylcholine is responsible for movement and my POTS and lack of oxygen.

Ketamine - My Psych do not do comprehensive assessment before referring me for that and I did 12 sessions and 6 boosters and it did a number on my glutamate levels! - Benzo Use is an automatic screen out!  It was after that the people noticed the real change in me, apathy, loss of humour, socially isolated.....I am so bad at this point we are actually looking into Long term care.  I got a new Psychiatrist - still contemplating what I will do about my other one - severe negligence!  

Just a note from my experience, in case it helps someone.

Edited by [Da...]

[Da...]
17 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

?

Just sharing my experience of what some psychiatrist are doing to help with withdrawals.

• 2 months later...
[Bi...]
On 17/03/2024 at 23:06, [[D...] said:

Hi Just wanted to share my experiences:  (Funnily Enough Long Covid has same symptoms! Maybe they were using Benzos too??)

First - Anticholergenic Medication - Anti-histamines, over the counter, but in other meds like Clonodine, Z Drugs, Anti-Psychotics, and so many more.  My Psych, had me taking Clonazepam, Zoplicone and Clonodine and Dramamine (for nausea - high antihistamine).  So essentially I was not sleeping at night, I was sedated - big difference!  My shaking is the result of these drugs as Acetylcholine is responsible for movement and my POTS and lack of oxygen.

Ketamine - My Psych do not do comprehensive assessment before referring me for that and I did 12 sessions and 6 boosters and it did a number on my glutamate levels! - Benzo Use is an automatic screen out!  It was after that the people noticed the real change in me, apathy, loss of humour, socially isolated.....I am so bad at this point we are actually looking into Long term care.  I got a new Psychiatrist - still contemplating what I will do about my other one - severe negligence!  

Just a note from my experience, in case it helps someone.

Both long covid and benzo withdrawal damage the central nervous system hence why they're the same symptoms