Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Posting this here , cross forum question.

[Ra...]
On 18/03/2024 at 01:35, [[B...] said:

Can I ask ? Did anyone on here do a pretty straightforward taper allowing for those receptor sites to awaken back up ? 
When I say straightforward, obviously there was struggle . And I know around 20% of people are left permanently disabled with protracted withdrawal . 

Is there anyone on this page who tapered down and it really wasn’t that bad ? As in it went in a linear fashion that they were able to cope with while their brain adjusted and then healed? 

Or, is it always going to be an absolute living hell ? Even in the success stories you read about going to hell and back. 

So, any smooth waves and windows that people kind of carried on with life with ? Or is it really a horror story from start to finish that you just pray you get out of eventually. Like the never ending bad LSD trip 😳

I know that people that are success stories do tend to use forums then move on when they are through the other side . 
And people that find things easy don’t look for answers so get on, get over it and never look for recourses online . 

Opinions ? And experiences please ? 

@[Bl...] one year ago, i quited xanax CT after use of one year,  with zero withdrawals. 

Now i am here because of ssri induced akathisia,thats why again put on benzo

• Like 1

[Bl...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

@[Bl...] one year ago, i quited xanax CT after use of one year,  with zero withdrawals. 

Now i am here because of ssri induced akathisia,thats why again put on benzo

Just goes to show how differently we all deal with these psych drugs , never had any trouble at all with the three lots of Prozac I’ve been prescribed , it did the job within a year and I weaned off quickly and easily myself from high doses . 
Xanax …. 😳 spawn of rye devil for rebound anxiety and akathisia for me . 
I’m hoping Valium will be somewhere in the middle 😂

What Benzo they put you back on ? And at what dose ? Xx

[Ra...]
4 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Just goes to show how differently we all deal with these psych drugs , never had any trouble at all with the three lots of Prozac I’ve been prescribed , it did the job within a year and I weaned off quickly and easily myself from high doses . 
Xanax …. 😳 spawn of rye devil for rebound anxiety and akathisia for me . 
I’m hoping Valium will be somewhere in the middle 😂

What Benzo they put you back on ? And at what dose ? Xx

@[Bl...] now i am on 0.5mg kolonopin and 100mg lyrica from prevoius 7 months, with no benefit. I am still tapering p@xil slowly slowly,now i am at 1ml,which takes almost 8 to 10months to completely off.  My akathisia was from paradoxical reaction of paxil.

How is your akathisia now?? For me AD withdrawals are worse then b3nzo. 

Now i want to taper lyrica, but i am very afraid. 

[Ta...]

Even though this is a difficult process, it teaches you some valuable skills that can serve you for the rest of your life. Like learning to be kind to yourself, and take care of yourself, and what matters, and what doesn't.

I studied mindfulness meditation, and learned a lot about not paying attention to all the "noise"and negative "distractions" the world tries to bombard you with. I value peace and serenity now, more than anything!

Also learned to eat healthy "whole" foods, and exercise regularly. Foods, substances and experiences that tax or trigger me, have to GO! I value each and every moment like I never did before. Sitting on the porch drinking peppermint tea, and petting my kitty, looking out at the wildflowers is sheer delight! No more bumper to bumper on the 405 for me! I am SO grateful.

• Like 3

[Bl...]
13 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Even though this is a difficult process, it teaches you some valuable skills that can serve you for the rest of your life. Like learning to be kind to yourself, and take care of yourself, and what matters, and what doesn't.

I studied mindfulness meditation, and learned a lot about not paying attention to all the "noise"and negative "distractions" the world tries to bombard you with. I value peace and serenity now, more than anything!

Also learned to eat healthy "whole" foods, and exercise regularly. Foods, substances and experiences that tax or trigger me, have to GO! I value each and every moment like I never did before. Sitting on the porch drinking peppermint tea, and petting my kitty, looking out at the wildflowers is sheer delight! No more bumper to bumper on the 405 for me! I am SO grateful.

That’s where I will get to ! 
I appreciate a lot in my life now, and it’s those things I owe to be sober and not zoned out to appreciate more . 

I want my get up and go back and the huge interests I once had to read ferociously and educate myself on subjects of interest and need . 

There are places I long to explore and then remember 🤔

And I hear the kindness to oneself , I learned a long time to cut out the rot and not internalise without Benzo’s , i just need to work on the meditation instead of the medication 😂

Thanks for your post and your positive vibes ❤️

• Love 1