Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Posting this here , cross forum question.

[Bl...]

Can I ask ? Did anyone on here do a pretty straightforward taper allowing for those receptor sites to awaken back up ? 
When I say straightforward, obviously there was struggle . And I know around 20% of people are left permanently disabled with protracted withdrawal . 

Is there anyone on this page who tapered down and it really wasn’t that bad ? As in it went in a linear fashion that they were able to cope with while their brain adjusted and then healed? 

Or, is it always going to be an absolute living hell ? Even in the success stories you read about going to hell and back. 

So, any smooth waves and windows that people kind of carried on with life with ? Or is it really a horror story from start to finish that you just pray you get out of eventually. Like the never ending bad LSD trip 😳

I know that people that are success stories do tend to use forums then move on when they are through the other side . 
And people that find things easy don’t look for answers so get on, get over it and never look for recourses online . 

Opinions ? And experiences please ? 

[Ma...]

People with easy tapers don’t come onto forums.

And, 20% are NOT permanently disabled from benzodiazepines.

• Like 3

[Bl...]
12 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

People with easy tapers don’t come onto forums.

And, 20% are NOT permanently disabled from benzodiazepines.

That’s what I thought Mary 😊

[je...]

My taper was not hell. I was functional throughout. It was definitely not easy but I was not in benzo hell and not a horror story. 

The beginning was a disaster when I didn’t know what benzos were, so I know what benzo hell looks like. But I recovered from rapid reductions and after that it was mostly okay. 

• Like 2

[Bl...]
50 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

My taper was not hell. I was functional throughout. It was definitely not easy but I was not in benzo hell and not a horror story. 

The beginning was a disaster when I didn’t know what benzos were, so I know what benzo hell looks like. But I recovered from rapid reductions and after that it was mostly okay. 

Hi Jelly Baby , thanks for replying ❤️

How many years of use did you have ? What was you dosage ? 
What would you say was your regular WD symptoms at each dose cut ? 
Did those get milder or stronger at each cut ? 

So glad you are done and dusted . How is life for you now benzo free ? 

[Sw...]

Hey @[Bl...] my second taper and cessation of benzos has been way harder than my first and still not what I’d call “hell.”

there were moments I was severely depressed and just totally messed up in my mind but I pushed through with the support of my husband and prayer.

yes, sadly there is a loud minority of people on this website who have extreme journeys back to wellness, but I mean we need to make sure we don’t adopt their stories. We have no clue who is posting and what very relevant information they’re withholding (or not connecting) to why they’re so unwell. 

sometimes it’s truly benzo but I think a lot of times it’s more than one thing. Maybe it’s other meds we don’t know about, maybe they are drinking alcohol, maybe they have no support system, maybe they are vaccine injured or take birth control or antibiotics and it’s messed up their hormonal chemistry which does affect the brain. 

just saying there’s a world of unknowns so it’s best to hear what people are bringing to the table but to also have discernment. 

how are you doing?

• Like 4

[je...]
6 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hi Jelly Baby , thanks for replying ❤️

How many years of use did you have ? What was you dosage ? 
What would you say was your regular WD symptoms at each dose cut ? 
Did those get milder or stronger at each cut ? 

So glad you are done and dusted . How is life for you now benzo free ? 

You can check my history for some of the info. My major symptoms are brain fog, head pressure, headaches, migraines, insomnia and memory loss. I mainly did DMT so my symptoms kind of stayed the same intensity throughout. It's different with DMT than cut and hold. I'm 15 months now and I'm doing much better but I'm definitely not recovered yet.

• Like 1

[Bl...]
6 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Hey @[Bl...] my second taper and cessation of benzos has been way harder than my first and still not what I’d call “hell.”

there were moments I was severely depressed and just totally messed up in my mind but I pushed through with the support of my husband and prayer.

yes, sadly there is a loud minority of people on this website who have extreme journeys back to wellness, but I mean we need to make sure we don’t adopt their stories. We have no clue who is posting and what very relevant information they’re withholding (or not connecting) to why they’re so unwell. 

sometimes it’s truly benzo but I think a lot of times it’s more than one thing. Maybe it’s other meds we don’t know about, maybe they are drinking alcohol, maybe they have no support system, maybe they are vaccine injured or take birth control or antibiotics and it’s messed up their hormonal chemistry which does affect the brain. 

just saying there’s a world of unknowns so it’s best to hear what people are bringing to the table but to also have discernment. 

how are you doing?

Hi SS 

Im stabilising day 7 on 10mg and I feel great 😊 it’s good to not be on the rollercoaster of binging then kindling and obviously WD through my 13 year use . 
Now whether that style of history of use will make the taper harder it remains to be seen . But CT certainly wasn’t sustainable for me . 

I hear what you are saying about forum users, it’s so true that we only have the written word to go on . As with all help forums it’s usually the people struggling the most or the most unhappy with a situation that hang around , the success stories just usually move on with their lives , and I’m talking in general here , not just BB you understand. 

Thanks for the perspective, it helps and it helps to know you did it without the bowls of hell opening up , I’ve plenty of reasons to end up there when I pop off this mortal coil without living there now 😂🥰

• Like 1

[Bl...]
5 hours ago, [[j...] said:

You can check my history for some of the info. My major symptoms are brain fog, head pressure, headaches, migraines, insomnia and memory loss. I mainly did DMT so my symptoms kind of stayed the same intensity throughout. It's different with DMT than cut and hold. I'm 15 months now and I'm doing much better but I'm definitely not recovered yet.

Hi JB

I will take a look at your history, thanks 😊 

can I ask what DMT is ? 
Im happy you are doing much better . The body has the propensity to heal, I know this from complications from surgery , you think it won’t but it takes time , and a long time at times . But as I was told in the past the body will always find a way to heal . 
Stay strong 💪 

[Bl...]
5 hours ago, [[j...] said:

How do I check your history ? X

[je...]
8 hours ago, [[B...] said:

How do I check your history ? X

You click on my Avatar then on the History tab. If on mobile let me know as the process is a bit different. 

• Like 1

[je...]
8 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hi JB

I will take a look at your history, thanks 😊 

can I ask what DMT is ? 

Daily micro tapering. Let me know if you need me to explain it. 

• Like 1

[Bl...]
20 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Daily micro tapering. Let me know if you need me to explain it. 

Yes . That would be helpful. 
And if I could know what you were on and what dose for how long , brilliant 🤩 Thanks 😊 

[Bl...]
24 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

You click on my Avatar then on the History tab. If on mobile let me know as the process is a bit different. 

Yes . I’m on mobile 

[je...]
1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

Yes . I’m on mobile 

Click on my avatar. Then scroll to Activity. Select the down arrow next to activity. Then select the History tab. 

• Like 1

[je...]
5 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Yes . That would be helpful. 
And if I could know what you were on and what dose for how long , brilliant 🤩 Thanks 😊 

My original dose was 2mg Clonazepam for about 2-3years. 

DMT means you make very small reductions on a daily basis. You basically cut every day but by a very tiny amount. Let’s say for cut and hold you are doing 7% every two weeks. Instead of making that reduction once off I would spread it out over two weeks. 

[Bl...]
11 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

My original dose was 2mg Clonazepam for about 2-3years. 

DMT means you make very small reductions on a daily basis. You basically cut every day but by a very tiny amount. Let’s say for cut and hold you are doing 7% every two weeks. Instead of making that reduction once off I would spread it out over two weeks. 

And is this working for you ? 
Is it the only way you’ve tried to quit it? 
I think I’d get in a mess shaving tablets and where I am living they don’t do liquid Benzo . 

22 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Can I ask ? Did anyone on here do a pretty straightforward taper allowing for those receptor sites to awaken back up ? 
When I say straightforward, obviously there was struggle . And I know around 20% of people are left permanently disabled with protracted withdrawal . 

Is there anyone on this page who tapered down and it really wasn’t that bad ? As in it went in a linear fashion that they were able to cope with while their brain adjusted and then healed? 

Or, is it always going to be an absolute living hell ? Even in the success stories you read about going to hell and back. 

So, any smooth waves and windows that people kind of carried on with life with ? Or is it really a horror story from start to finish that you just pray you get out of eventually. Like the never ending bad LSD trip 😳

I know that people that are success stories do tend to use forums then move on when they are through the other side . 
And people that find things easy don’t look for answers so get on, get over it and never look for recourses online . 

Opinions ? And experiences please ? 

Hi, Bluepilled!

I think my taper was pretty straightforward, It took almost 3 months, from december last year to march this year. I was taking clonazepam 6,5 g a day, and now i´m not taking anything except for a dizziness medication.

I was taking clonazepam and I stopped for a week, then I switched to diazepam, took a few days and quit.  The terror that I felt the first weeks and the heart racing are gone. 

I still have lots of dizzines and anxiety but I´m learning to cope and live with the anxiety. 

There was a lot of phisical pain that I felt on my arms and legs, but is all gone now.

You´ll make it. 

Best wishes,

Bia

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[je...]
25 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

And is this working for you ? 
Is it the only way you’ve tried to quit it? 
I think I’d get in a mess shaving tablets and where I am living they don’t do liquid Benzo . 

I’m off now. I’ve tried several methods but I used this most of the time. 

• Like 1

I was on clonazepam for 25 years, and the dose went up pretty fast. I don´t call myself a success story yet, because it´s been very time little since I quit, so I don´t know yet. 

The process since I decided to stop and the actual stopping took about 3 months. I began to feel lots of dizziness and wanted to quit the benzo. I wasn´t taking anything else, so I switched to diazepam and began to cut the dose. when I felt ready I stopped.  About a week later my heart was racing so much I had to take the benzo, but I took a drop a day clonazepam for a while. 

The terror and mind fog were intense and very frightening. I had horrible thoughts about never getting well again. This site did helped me a lot and my family was  supportive and understanding to my situation. 

And when I felt ready again, I quit the drops of clonazepam. Now I feel lots of anxiety and dizziness. To sleep became difficult,but most symptoms are gone.

I believe if you could quit xanax you can quit the benzo, even if you took for too long, like I had. I was terrified, but it is possible.

The awful thoughts are gone also!!

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Yes . The Xanax was horrible but I did CT . I was 14 years younger then , things are much easier when you are younger on you physically 🤔

I’m going for a taper , but I may not do the holds for quiet as long as suggested . I’ll taper down at two week intervals and maybe the three month hold I’ll try a month , or , carry on . 
I’m going to try and support my body as much as I can with getting my vitamin panel as good as I can . 
I’m not a huge eater and I think I’ve naturally gravitated towards a low histamine diet, so no big changes there . 
And tbh the benzo binges and withdrawals over the years  have given me a taste of things to come . 
Exercise has always been a huge part of my life , I’ll up that , and I’ll go for those projects I’ve planned . 
The reading and studying I’ll leave for later down the line when the disinterest and detachment hopefully starts to fade . 
we can but try and I admire you for striving on . Well done 🤗

Thank you!! I hope I can keep up the withdraw!!

I think your plan sounds good. Every two weeks you cut the dose, but I believe that some disconfort is expected, the good news is that it does end. Or at least gets smaller.

when I was taking the benzo I had so much allergies, all the time. And I knew it was the benzo, but I was denying it because I didn´t want to stop taking it. That´s gone too.

You´re right, when we are younger things are much easier, I don´t know your age, but I don´t think our body really needs the benzo. 

Exercise will help you, also when in pain, watching tv and have some activity that you like. Which projects you have?  Don´t worry about the hands shaking because it goes away.

It´s good to have an idea what to expect, 2 years ago my taper didn´t work because I got frightened about the hands and legs shaking, so go slow.

Hopefully you ´ll get better soon!!! Keep in touch. 

Best wishes,

Bia

Edited by [...]
  • Love 1