Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

One symptom down, another jumps to take its place. Why?

My stomach pain is finally subsiding slightly, and I even have a hint of appetite sometimes.

But then suddenly I have very severe pain in my right thorasic spine between my shoulder blades and in my back neck. Pinched nerve type of pain and extremely tensed right shoulder. (I have had back issues for decades but not like this).

It is as if there has to be at least one severe symptom? Like the brain latches onto one thing wrong in the body and exacerbates it. It is assuming that the change in GABA must mean that something is wrong? And then it erroneously assumes that it should make loudly noticed whatever small problem is going on in the body? Is that why we cycle through every symptom possible of every possible ailment?

• Like 3

[ne...]

I call it a game of whack-a-mole. You knock one symptom out and another pops up. 

• Like 2

[Nu...]

It's crazy the variety that sometimes have to endure. As @[ns...] said, try not to put too much focus on these. We really have to become comfortable with the unexpected. That's one area where radical acceptance has helped me the most. I've quit trying to understand this and try to just... be.

Hoping your journey gets a little better, @[...].

• Like 3