Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Using Oxazepam (Serax) for 1 year and valium 5mg to 10mg everyday due to chronic lyme

[Be...]

Hello all, 

Just looking for someone or anyone who has or had Lyme disease and had to resort to benzos to deal with neurologic symptoms and insomnia due to Lyme.

I took oxazepam 2 years ago before but managed to switch to gabapentin and only take diazepam, perhaps once month, 2.5 to 8mg when gabapentin didn't work.

Recently from April 2023, i had a relapse from lyme disease symptoms, after i abruptly was forced to stop abx for 2 months treatment and lyme symptoms returned with vengeance, but i developed severe gastritis and gabapentin was making my gastritis worse, had to go back to oxazepam 5mg 4x day and valium at night for sleep since oxazepam hardly works for sleep or takes too much time for getting asleep

Now i am back to abx again, but on the benzo oxazepam and valium as mentioned. 

Valiums works well for sleep, using it for 6 months now and oxazepam during the day without raising doses. 

Would like to know if anyone had lyme or had it and has to resort to benzo or multiple benzos like me to control neuro symptoms and insomnia. Can you share your experiences please? I know i eventually have to taper it but first i need to be able to o treat lyme and keep on benzos to control sysmptoms. But now benzos are the only meds that work and that i tolerate.

Thank you for the feedback.

Edited by [Be...]