Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The problem with too slow tapering

[20...]

[20...]

Hi, 

I have been having this doubt/thought lately:

We all know we have to stay in a certain stage after tapering to a lowe dose untill we stabilize there and feel good enough to taper again, and we also know that sometimes we dont feel well and have often waves that keep us in that stage longer that we would like.

So the problem i see here is that if you stay too long in a stage you have come from a higher dose, you might eventually generate tolerance to that new dose and get to a point where instead of taper again your body is already used to that amount of benzo and it actually needs more.

Is it a good idea to stay long enough for that to happen before tapering again, and how long is that?

I red some people stay months in a certain stage before they dare to taper again, so, What's the border between suffering from withdrawl and create tolerance on a certain dose?

Hope someone has answers.

Thanks.

[La...]

I think we're all different.   My suggestion would be to remain at the level you can tolerate until you feel free of much of the anxiety caused by taking the lower dose.  Then as a week or two to give yourself a break, then taper down ever so slowly by shaving your pills.   

I hope this helps. 

• Like 2

[20...]
5 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I think we're all different.   My suggestion would be to remain at the level you can tolerate until you feel free of much of the anxiety caused by taking the lower dose.  Then as a week or two to give yourself a break, then taper down ever so slowly by shaving your pills.   

I hope this helps. 

Thanks for the reply,

I think that my doubt is more realted to cut and hold tapering, if you taper shavig your pills wouldnt be that problem cause as far as i know you dont stay weeks or months after shaving. I think that micro tapering pill shave must be one of the best ways but i find it really difficult and probably too slow. Not sure yet as i have only started my tapering a couple weeks ago but i dont discard i will end up using that method if i fail with cut and hold.

[An...]
On 17/03/2024 at 03:28, [[D...] said:

Hi, 

I have been having this doubt/thought lately:

We all know we have to stay in a certain stage after tapering to a lowe dose untill we stabilize there and feel good enough to taper again, and we also know that sometimes we dont feel well and have often waves that keep us in that stage longer that we would like.

So the problem i see here is that if you stay too long in a stage you have come from a higher dose, you might eventually generate tolerance to that new dose and get to a point where instead of taper again your body is already used to that amount of benzo and it actually needs more.

Is it a good idea to stay long enough for that to happen before tapering again, and how long is that?

I red some people stay months in a certain stage before they dare to taper again, so, What's the border between suffering from withdrawl and create tolerance on a certain dose?

Hope someone has answers.

Thanks.

I really think we fear doing our next cut, I don’t have any answers about tolerance. From my research tolerance starts within 2 weeks, so it makes sense for your body to adapt to the dose even if you are experiencing withdrawal during tapering, I don’t think we will ever adjust to our doses but start healing, from my experience I feel better on shorter holds and have better windows 

[20...]
14 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I really think we fear doing our next cut, I don’t have any answers about tolerance. From my research tolerance starts within 2 weeks, so it makes sense for your body to adapt to the dose even if you are experiencing withdrawal during tapering, I don’t think we will ever adjust to our doses but start healing, from my experience I feel better on shorter holds and have better windows 

Hi, i i fear the same, is hard to go fat but it isnt good to go slow either, i am actually having windows after every cut and eventually feeling i need to vut again after a couple of weeks.

[Bl...]

I hear you . I’m planning on cutting and holding for as short a time as possible if I really start to feel ill I’ll hold more than the maximum two weeks I’ll give myself to hold after each cut . 
Tolerance and getting suck are my major fears , so long as I don’t seizure I can do the rest . 
I think long holds would hold more trouble for me . 

I lean towards; get it out of your body as soon as possible. The healing won't really begin until it's out, and your body detoxes.

If I had to do it again, I would do cuts on a fast schedule with maybe one or two adjustments and deal with it. When at a low dose switch to daily micro taper. 

Depends on your dose of course, but for me I was hellbent to get off once I realized it was the benzos making me so sick. You can get away with larger cuts at the begining.

I didn't right out a schedule. I just started breaking the pills. I got to a tiny price in a short time. A few months. I remember holding at a real tiny piece for about a month then jumped.

The whole affair SUCKED.

But I know I am truly healing with windows and waves. Dealing  with windows, waves, and ingesting poison not knowing what was what, would drive me nuts.

It's all mindset. It's worth it.

• Love 1