Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

A little stuck in my tapering

[a2...]

[a2...]

Hi there,

I just started today here.

I was having an average of 1.5 lorazepam daily due to heavy anxiety and panic atacks for 2 months. At the same time was doing an intensive psychological therapy that worked and ended withn my anxiety and panic atacks for good. I decided then taper from lorazepam as i no logenr need it, i went down to 1mg a day for a week, 0.75mg another week and then 0.5mg in one take at night. That was when i started to feel very sick despite i had no more anxiety. It took me a couple of weeks to find out it was all cause of the withdrawl syndrome, including interdose.

I Heard about Ashton manual and started my switch to Diazepam, i started with 2.5mg diazepam at night and 0.25mg lorazepam and 1.25mg diazepam afternoon. I felt much better and after 10 days i dropped to 2.5mg diazepam at night and no lorazepam and 2.5mg diazepam afternoon but started to feel heavy anxiety, muscle pain and restlessnees after 2-3 days, i adjusted it to 2mg diazepam at night and 0.175mg lorazepam and 1.50mg diazepam afternoon. I had 3 good days window but i am having some kind of mild wave of little anxiety, sweat and muscle pain. According to my schedule i was gonna drop again but i dont know if i should stay one more week like this. My tapper way was supposed to be 8-10 weeks journey but i am not sure i can make it.

My main doubts are if i can go on with this timing for my low dose or is this gonna end up being and 6-8 month taper for just 4mg diazepam. Can anyone help with a more accurate way to do it as ashton is not very helpfull for low dosage?

Edited by Guest

[Re...]

Hello @[Do...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I approved your post. 

Congratulations on creating such an advanced taper schedule, it seems very well calculated and precise. 

Do you take any other psychiatric medication, have you taken before? Have you taken benzos before? 

We have many knowledgeable members when it comes to tapering diazepam. I am not one of these, I did a rapid taper and failed miserably. Your situation is a different you have been on the medication a short term only. (I would personally hold this for a few weeks, but again, I am definitely no taper wizard). 

I hope others will share their experiences and thoughts soon. 

We are glad you found us! 

[a2...]
17 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Hello @[Do...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I approved your post. 

Congratulations on creating such an advanced taper schedule, it seems very well calculated and precise. 

Do you take any other psychiatric medication, have you taken before? Have you taken benzos before? 

We have many knowledgeable members when it comes to tapering diazepam. I am not one of these, I did a rapid taper and failed miserably. Your situation is a different you have been on the medication a short term only. (I would personally hold this for a few weeks, but again, I am definitely no taper wizard). 

I hope others will share their experiences and thoughts soon. 

We are glad you found us! 

Hello and thanks for your answer,

I have been in antidepressants for about 20 years, during that time i took some lorazepam very sporadically, maybe 0.5 or 1mg every 2 or 3 months. I have been antidepressants free for over a year now, had serotonine toxicity and they started have extremely bad side effects to it. That was why i started to have panic atacks and severe anxiety again and after 3 atempts with atidepressants again with even worse result each time i had to deal with only with lorazepam and that's why i started to take them daily untill i could overcome anxiety.

I hope that helps.

thanks