Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Non stop open and close eye hallucinations

[Du...]

Like a fast broken tv with tactile hallucinations..non stop..

Am I dying? MRI is normal..no sleep drive..brain talking rubbish n random words all the time .misreading words also .

As usual spinal tab is notmsl

[Re...]

Hello @[Du...],

I understand this is a very difficult symptom, but to calm you to some extent, the Ashton manual mentions hallucinations, both auditory and tactile, etc. I hope this will help you realize, your symptoms are not unusual at all. 

It feels like our mind is hijacked, I personally have had something similar. But for me it is continuously easing up (with flare ups, of course). I try to cope with the "garbage" my mind is throwing up, too, it is not easy.... 

I hope we will both get some relief from this very soon🙏

:mybuddy:

[Hallucinations, illusions, perceptual distortions. The benzodiazepine withdrawal symptom that raises most fear of going mad is hallucination. Terrifying hallucinations have occurred in people undergoing rapid or abrupt withdrawal from high doses, but the reader can be reassured that they are exceedingly rare with slow dosage tapering as outlined in Chapter II. If hallucinations occur, they are usually visual - patients have described hallucinations of a large bat sitting on the shoulder, or the appearance of horns sprouting from a human head - but auditory, olfactory and tactile hallucinations can also occur. Somewhat less frightening are hallucinations of small creatures, usually insects, which may be associated with the sensations of insects crawling on the skin (similar hallucinations occur in cocaine and amphetamine withdrawal). Sometimes hallucinations merge with illusions and misperceptions. For example, a coat hanging on the door may give the illusion of being a person. Floors apparently tilting and walls that seem to slope inwards are perceptual distortions...] 

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

[Du...]
Just now, [[R...] said:

Hello @[Du...],

I understand this is a very difficult symptom, but to calm you to some extent, the Ashton manual mentions hallucinations, both auditory and tactile, etc. I hope this will help you realize, your symptoms are not unusual at all. 

It feels like our mind is hijacked, I personally have had something similar. But for me it is continuously easing up (with flare ups, of course). I try to cope with the "garbage" my mind is throwing up, too, it is not easy.... 

I hope we will both get some relief from this very soon🙏

:mybuddy:

[Hallucinations, illusions, perceptual distortions. The benzodiazepine withdrawal symptom that raises most fear of going mad is hallucination. Terrifying hallucinations have occurred in people undergoing rapid or abrupt withdrawal from high doses, but the reader can be reassured that they are exceedingly rare with slow dosage tapering as outlined in Chapter II. If hallucinations occur, they are usually visual - patients have described hallucinations of a large bat sitting on the shoulder, or the appearance of horns sprouting from a human head - but auditory, olfactory and tactile hallucinations can also occur. Somewhat less frightening are hallucinations of small creatures, usually insects, which may be associated with the sensations of insects crawling on the skin (similar hallucinations occur in cocaine and amphetamine withdrawal). Sometimes hallucinations merge with illusions and misperceptions. For example, a coat hanging on the door may give the illusion of being a person. Floors apparently tilting and walls that seem to slope inwards are perceptual distortions...] 

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

By when yours erasing up?? I have tactile hallucinations..brain can suddenly imagine me touching cotton wool or pencils..it's scary

It's like brain damage..

It just shows rubbish non stop at fasf speed and random thoughts which don't belong to me 

[Re...]

Hmm, good question, @[Du...], it is definitely better for me, I think it comes and goes, has window and wave like pattern. I think it was not good for about 3 months, then it disappeared, than came back. 

Once I have realized - just as you - that this is complete rubbish  and this is not me, it has been easier to deal with it. 

I have been listening to Jennifer Swantkowski's YouTube channel - I did this even when I was doing very bad - it help me a lot, really. 

[Du...]

Mine is non stop since aug 22

Open and closed eye hallucinations..non stop and worsening now

.think it's brain damage for me