Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Covid and a wave

[Co...]

I am 10 months out from taking any benzo , I had taken .05 klonopin twice a day , I tested positive for covid close to 2 weeks ago , now that its passing , I literally feel like trash , my energy is 0, has anyone had this issue , I feel as bad as when I first got it , would covid have caused a wave ?

[Bu...]

Hey @[Co...],

I've had Covid twice, both times while I was still on a benzo.  The fatigue and malaise were obnoxious both times.  I was solidly sick for nearly 2 weeks both times, but even after my other symptoms abated, that fatigue continued for another 2-ish weeks after.  My husband had it at the same time and had the same experience, and he is not on a benzo (or any other meds).  I think Covid can just hit hard with the fatigue for some people.  

I hope this helps and that you feel better soon.

[Co...]

Thank you burning ships , I was just concerned because I was positive covid 12 days ago so I assumed it would start improving , which the cough and headache did get better but now I’m left just feeling so ran down , I feel that way alot anyway just because I still don’t have many windows even at 10 months out so anything just adds fuel to it . I have went on some walks just trying to get my body some energy but this covid has been rough . I guess our systems are already in such a sensitive place.

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Yeah, Covid can be really rough.  I think it will improve day by day, though.  Resting and lots of water and juice really seemed to help me with the fatigue.  Hang in there! :hug:

• Like 1

[ns...]

Hi cookie, 

I'm so sorry to hear this. You must be feeling miserable!

I and my husband had covid last summer. 

The 2 of us both had similar symptoms but his actually hung on a bit longer than mine. 

We ate chicken soup, crackers and anything we could get down and lots of water. I needed the extra sodium so the broth was perfect for me. 

We used honey cough drops and got as much rest as we could but that cough hung on for quite awhile. 

I'll keep you in my prayers, I know it's been a really rough  road for you and I'd hoped your symptoms would have gotten easier for you by now.

Seems we're going through it the hard way I guess.

I hope you stay in touch, I've wondered how your doing lately.

You can message me anytime dear lady, I'm usually around. 

Blessings 

Ns

:therethere:

[Co...]
9 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Hi cookie, 

I'm so sorry to hear this. You must be feeling miserable!

I and my husband had covid last summer. 

The 2 of us both had similar symptoms but his actually hung on a bit longer than mine. 

We ate chicken soup, crackers and anything we could get down and lots of water. I needed the extra sodium so the broth was perfect for me. 

We used honey cough drops and got as much rest as we could but that cough hung on for quite awhile. 

I'll keep you in my prayers, I know it's been a really rough  road for you and I'd hoped your symptoms would have gotten easier for you by now.

Seems we're going through it the hard way I guess.

I hope you stay in touch, I've wondered how your doing lately.

You can message me anytime dear lady, I'm usually around. 

Blessings 

Ns

Thanks ncindy, I feel like covid made my post withdraw symptoms worse , hopefully things will start getting better . The head zaps and waves of tingling definitely came back more than they had been , I just think it threw me into a worse wave . Hope all is well with you !

• Like 1

[ns...]
3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Thanks ncindy, I feel like covid made my post withdraw symptoms worse , hopefully things will start getting better . The head zaps and waves of tingling definitely came back more than they had been , I just think it threw me into a worse wave . Hope all is well with you !

Hi cookie, I do think covid does cause many in withdrawal to go into a wave. I've read thar here many times actually. 

I think I escaped that for the most part but it did make me pretty miserable. 

Sounds like your in the thick of it!

Your forced taper didn't do u any favors, I know what that feels like and I definitely went thru some bad times. I think because of that, I'm having some pretty severe symptoms. Mny of which are like those from that period. I'm way down o

In my taper now and I'll be jumping off soon. It's scares me to think about the consequences of that after that last go round. It was horrid so I know you're suffering very much.

Cruel is what your doctor did by forcing you off so quickly, It's hard to believe he would do that to you with your medical condition as it was at the time!

I'm so sorry your going thru this and I'm praying for you sister.

I'll be here if need a shoulder or just want to visit!

Talk to u soon 

Blessings 

Ns..

On 15/03/2024 at 02:34, [[C...] said:

I am 10 months out from taking any benzo , I had taken .05 klonopin twice a day , I tested positive for covid close to 2 weeks ago , now that its passing , I literally feel like trash , my energy is 0, has anyone had this issue , I feel as bad as when I first got it , would covid have caused a wave ?

I believe it could and i'm also sure the wave won't last forever. 

I caught covid when i was in benzo tolerance, kind of interdose withdrawal, and it grew tremendously after that. So, somehow, benzo withdrawal and covid might be connected. But i got over the covid consequences eventually, the symptoms  similar to the wd. And now i'm getting over the benzo withdrawal.

@[Co...], don't get desperate. I think you will sure get better and soon.

Good healing!)

Edited by [...]