Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dropped 3% today

[Fi...]

Okay, I have finally decided it is time to start to taper again.  I dropped 3% today, and typically things get difficult around day 4…I assume the half life of Valium has something to do with that.

Gish anyway, I wanted to start a thread, absolutely scared that the symptoms I suffer from will never heal.  I just want to get down to a dose where I can function a bit better.  Since reinstating my quality of life has improved…I am just very tired now and depressed some days.  I do get POTS symptoms at night sometimes, but not severe just annoying enough that I have to do some grounding.

I want to keep going down, this is the first drop I have made since late December.  Just scared, I hope I will be alright.

Love,

Fiercelady

[Ru...]

@[Fi...] I understand all too well. I just recently started my taper from clonazepam and I also have POTS, but my symptoms are worse in the mornings. It can be very scary at times! I've learned that guided breathing is helping me. Once I'm past the tachycardia, I'm good. The wd's have not been terrible for me. Again, as mentioned, I'm very early, only my second cut.

I hope and pray that everything goes well for you!

[or...]
2 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Okay, I have finally decided it is time to start to taper again.  I dropped 3% today, and typically things get difficult around day 4…I assume the half life of Valium has something to do with that.

Gish anyway, I wanted to start a thread, absolutely scared that the symptoms I suffer from will never heal.  I just want to get down to a dose where I can function a bit better.  Since reinstating my quality of life has improved…I am just very tired now and depressed some days.  I do get POTS symptoms at night sometimes, but not severe just annoying enough that I have to do some grounding.

I want to keep going down, this is the first drop I have made since late December.  Just scared, I hope I will be alright.

Love,

Fiercelady

I do 1% about every 9 days, so 3% a month.  This works way better for me than any other way I was tapering, you might try this.  I have quality of life, can function doing it this way, maybe you might too ;) oregonlady :hug:PS that's going by the weight of my dose, which is at .093 grams right now.

Edited by [or...]

[Fi...]
On 14/03/2024 at 14:40, [[o...] said:

I do 1% about every 9 days, so 3% a month.  This works way better for me than any other way I was tapering, you might try this.  I have quality of life, can function doing it this way, maybe you might too ;) oregonlady :hug:PS that's going by the weight of my dose, which is at .093 grams 

I like the idea of dropping 1% every nine days, that might be easier on my system.  It’s only day two and so far uneventful.  

Except, I made a mistake in my calculation.  I wanted to attempt a 3% drop in dose, not weight.

so, I figured out 3% of my current dose would be about 0.315mg…

instead of dropping the 0.315, I took the 0.315, which turns out to be 10.315mg daily, when I was at 10.5mg daily.  But I think my mistake will benefit me because I can taper slower and I’m not so apprehensive at this moment.  I should have taken 10.185mg.

so I tapered 10.315/10.5=98.24

100-98.24= 1.76%

I think this was an intention made for me by something much bigger than me, so I am going to trust and it and stick with this for nine days.  Everything happens for a reason!

safe!

❤️

fiercelady

• Like 2

[or...]
1 hour ago, [[F...] said:

I like the idea of dropping 1% every nine days, that might be easier on my system.  It’s only day two and so far uneventful.  

Except, I made a mistake in my calculation.  I wanted to attempt a 3% drop in dose, not weight.

so, I figured out 3% of my current dose would be about 0.315mg…

instead of dropping the 0.315, I took the 0.315, which turns out to be 10.315mg daily, when I was at 10.5mg daily.  But I think my mistake will benefit me because I can taper slower and I’m not so apprehensive at this moment.  I should have taken 10.185mg.

so I tapered 10.315/10.5=98.24

100-98.24= 1.76%

I think this was an intention made for me by something much bigger than me, so I am going to trust and it and stick with this for nine days.  Everything happens for a reason!

safe!

❤️

fiercelady

I'm awful with numbers, been that way since about the last 10 years.  So the weight thing just was what came the easiest.  I did learn from one of my friends here how to convert from weight of dose to actual dose of Clonazepam TEVA brand, so I know my dose is now at about 54% of my original dose of 1 mg.  That's about all I know ;)

But the 9 days is just ballpark, I go more by how I feel than any plan written in stone.  When I feel stable, it's then I'll taper again.  I know it takes a long time, and sometimes I really wish I could go faster, but I am so grateful for the quality of life I am having.

I'm glad you are here, and I will be around, so will many others, it truly is a support-group, oregonlady :hug:PS I believe that was a good thing as well so that you can taper slower, at least to see how it goes, as you can always go a bit higher, and there's no shame in slowing down again if need be, til stable ;)  It's just smart if you ask me ♥️

PSS I also believe there is a reason for everything that happens in my life, and I try not to lose faith and hope ♥️

Edited by [or...]

[Fi...]
On 14/03/2024 at 14:29, [[R...] said:

@[Fi...] I understand all too well. I just recently started my taper from clonazepam and I also have POTS, but my symptoms are worse in the mornings. It can be very scary at times! I've learned that guided breathing is helping me. Once I'm past the tachycardia, I'm good. The wd's have not been terrible for me. Again, as mentioned, I'm very early, only my second cut.

I hope and pray that everything goes well for you!

Thank you!  You too, we can do this!

• Love 1

[Fi...]
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I'm awful with numbers, been that way since about the last 10 years.  So the weight thing just was what came the easiest.  I did learn from one of my friends here how to convert from weight of dose to actual dose of Clonazepam TEVA brand, so I know my dose is now at about 54% of my original dose of 1 mg.  That's about all I know ;)

But the 9 days is just ballpark, I go more by how I feel than any plan written in stone.  When I feel stable, it's then I'll taper again.  I know it takes a long time, and sometimes I really wish I could go faster, but I am so grateful for the quality of life I am having.

I'm glad you are here, and I will be around, so will many others, it truly is a support-group, oregonlady :hug:PS I believe that was a good thing as well so that you can taper slower, at least to see how it goes, as you can always go a bit higher, and there's no shame in slowing down again if need be, til stable ;)  It's just smart if you ask me ♥️

PSS I also believe there is a reason for everything that happens in my life, and I try not to lose faith and hope ♥️

Thank you for your response, I    am so grateful.  Yes, I    totally agree I    believe everything happens for a reason.  I    was completely disabled from a cold turkey from Clonazepam several years ago.  Symptoms never abated...but now I    seem to be doing much better, and so far here I    am day three and uneventful.  I    pray it keeps going to way, if so it seems a 1.76% drop was the way it was supposed to happen.  I    do not want to suffer anymore...I    am even okay with getting to a low enough dose to where the adverse effects fade away.  I    have heard of people getting to that point as well.  I    am okay with going slow slow slow...there is no rush.

Love and prayers,

Fierce

Edited by [Fi...]
typo

[or...]
4 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Thank you for your response, I    am so grateful.  Yes, I    totally agree I    believe everything happens for a reason.  I    was completely disabled from a cold turkey from Clonazepam several years ago.  Symptoms never abated...but now I    seem to be doing much better, and so far here I    am day three and uneventful.  I    pray it keeps going to way, if so it seems a 1.76% drop was the way it was supposed to happen.  I    do not want to suffer anymore...I    am even okay with getting to a low enough dose to where the adverse effects fade away.  I    have heard of people getting to that point as well.  I    am okay with going slow slow slow...there is no rush.

Love and prayers,

Fierce

I know my Cold Turkey, then reinstatement, and then a doctor-led taper of .25 a month, then reinstated, added to my problems as well ;)  But now we both have a new chance at this with a whole support group of our peers that know what it's like, they can relate because they've been through either similar, or maybe darn near identical experience, we can make it together, :hug:oregonlady ♥️

[Ri...]

👏👏👏👏👍👍👍👍 that’s great news! Congratulations, you’re doing it!

[ca...]
On 16/03/2024 at 11:47, [[o...] said:

I know my Cold Turkey, then reinstatement, and then a doctor-led taper of .25 a month, then reinstated, added to my problems as well ;)  But now we both have a new chance at this with a whole support group of our peers that know what it's like, they can relate because they've been through either similar, or maybe darn near identical experience, we can make it together, :hug:oregonlady ♥️

What dose were you on before the doctor tapered you 0,25/month?

[or...]
2 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

What dose were you on before the doctor tapered you 0,25/month?

I've only ever taken 1mg Cate, but that was a huge part of my problems after I learned about tolerance wd.  I'd have that for literally years but didn't realize the C was not working on what it was prescribed for, in fact, it was causing me to have health issues, some similar to what the benzos are prescribed for.

So yes, I was on 1 mg since 1988.  The CT I did was in about 2010, and the "too fast" taper was about 3 Summers ago.  Here's my History if you you want to see more about dates etc ;) oregonlady History of use, and Taper  Please forgive me if some of it doesn't make sense.  Still have some brain fog, but way less than when I started my taper

[Fi...]

Last night and today vertigo...hopefully it will pass and not last too long.  I    do not want to get out of bed I    am so tired.

Love,

Fierce