Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Symptoms - post withdrawal

[mt...]

Hi to you all. I’m not sure if it’s coincidental, or an effect of withdrawal, but since coming off Lorazepam (tapered) I’ve noticed my body feels achy and painful, particularly around my pelvis / spine. This is my 5th week without L’pam. 
Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks for reading.

mike 

1 hour ago, [[m...] said:

Hi to you all. I’m not sure if it’s coincidental, or an effect of withdrawal, but since coming off Lorazepam (tapered) I’ve noticed my body feels achy and painful, particularly around my pelvis / spine. This is my 5th week without L’pam. 
Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks for reading.

mike 

I don't think it's a coincident. It's quite normal. Any part can be achy and painful. It's your body, brain in particular, trying to rearrange itself to the benzo free state. It might get a bit worse for a while and than is bound to retreat. I do know what you mean. Experiencing it to the full even now but the intensity seems decreasing. Wish you a smooth healing!)

Edited by [...]

1 hour ago, [[m...] said:

How long have you been off your meds Kate? 

Err... I've been off benzo for 11+ months. Don't get frightened) I've been feeling bearable for quite a time and it doesn't mean you'll suffer this long too. Hope you'll see your recovery pretty soon!)

Edited by [...]

[mt...]

Wow - thats a good amount of time. I’m kind of OK with the withdrawal symptoms and have come to terms with it not being a quick fix. I was reviewed by my Pdoc this week who commented on my will power ie many people never manage to get off benzos. At one level it was reassuring and yet, at the same time, depressing; knowing that these are being prescribed with the knowledge that, for some people it’s a life sentence.

That cannot be right. It’s like a modern day straight jacket. 

M

• Like 2

[ns...]

mtkin, hi.

Sounds like your in a bit I withdrawal. 

I tapered lorazepam and had these symptoms, they did intensity quite quickly though but I was forced off very quickly. 

I'm currently tapering and have been in this withdrawal state for months due to a reaction to the benzo but I'm almost finished 😅 

I'm sorry your having these symptoms, I know there difficult. 

There are some suggestions on how to get through them and I have several if you'd like. Some are videos and also certain exercises I do along with many others going thru withdrawal. 

Hopefully you'll be over this in no time and won't need them.

Good luck ok

Let me know.

Ns

• Like 1

[mt...]

Hi nsindy 

Anything you could offer would be appreciated. Today has been particularly rough - pins and needles, burning skin, anxiety and SO tired. 
Thank you. 

• Sad 1