Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Having some paranoia

[Jo...]

I guess I am posting here because I am having some paranoia about my situation. I am three months off of temazepam and I am currently taking 50mg Hydroxyzine and 5mg Dayvigo. I started taking Dayvigo back in October to help get me off of temazepam. I was on temazepam a total of two months along with gabapentin. Anyway I started to take hydroxyzine to help me get off of gabapentin. I have been tapering the hydroxyzine because it was at 125 mg and it doesn't really do a whole lot. I also know the dayvigo wont knock me out by itself either. I was at 10 mg Dayvigo but I cut it down to 5 and I didnt notice a difference. My plan is to try to taper the hydroxyzine more tonight and hopefully start to cut out dayvigo. Prolly try to cut it in half down to 2.5. I guess im looking for reassurance that I am not hindering my recovery and I am worrying for no reason.

[Ta...]

It seems to me that you are doing extremely well! I am still tapering, but have used both gabapentin and hydroxyzine during my four year (so far) taper. Both have helped at first, then later caused me misery. I am extremely sensitive to every little thing, but both drugs eventually caused me extreme anxiety, so I HAD to get off! I don't know what Dayvigo is, but it seems to me that you are doing a great job getting off of all this stuff.

• Like 2

[Jo...]

I was on gabapentin too for two months. I have been on Dayvigo the longest since end of October. I don’t want to be on anything so I have been tapering. I am just hoping that tapering will not result in me having horrible insomnia like I had the first month off of temazepam.