Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sluggish and depression while switching from X to V

[Ma...]

I am currently in the process of switching from Xanax to Valium. I have switched my evening dose of Xanax to Valium for about three weeks now and I have noticed that I am-ish sluggish and have mild depression. I am supposed to switch my morning dose of Xanax to Valium this weekend. 

Has anyone else had the symptoms while switching over to Valium? Does it smooth out or get better when completely on Valium and can the two different benzos cause this?
Thank you in advance🙏

Valium verstärkt und verursacht Depressionen, ja. 

Bei mir hat es sich damals nicht gebessert.

[kn...]

I crossed over from Klonopin (4mg) and Ativan (1mg) to an equivalent dosage of Diazepam (Valium) when I first started my taper.  At higher doses of Diazepam (60mg) when I first started out, my psych symptoms: anxiety, depression were stable.  I also did not experience much if any fatigue.  I'm now down to four mg of D and, for some reason, I am horribly fatigued all the time.  I can sleep for 7 hours a night and after being up in the AM, I'm worn out in an hour or so and have to return to bed.  I've probably spent most of my time this last year laying down during the day.  I can't usually sleep, but my body strength is so depleted that I can't get up and do much for an hour or so.  I don't have much depression, even with it being winter, but my anxiety is back pretty much full time.  Will it change when I get closer to the end?  Only time will tell. Diazepam is easier to taper, though.  The pills are larger, easier to cut and shave.  They also have about a 10 day half life which makes them a bit more forgiving.  

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

It is smoother on diazepam. I’m just wondering that since I’m taking both during the switch if it is doing double duty on me in a way? 
I don’t seem to have any motivation and it’s tough to experience joy and happiness. I would say it mild depression that doesn’t seem to go away. And I have two more switches to diazepam. I hope this doesn’t stay the same or get worse.

Edited by [Ma...]