Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Poll: Neurological issues/symptoms

[Ma...]

I frequently tell myself this isn’t w/d but severe brain damage on a different level.

For those experiencing neurological problems, specifically with communication, cognition, memory…any of them-could you please just share?

Also, can you read a book or watch a movie?

Thanks. GO!

[Sw...]

I’m 4 months benzo free as of this Friday. I can finally read again! I can watch tv and enjoy it. I can recall words better than a month or two ago. I definitely still have bad days, but I have better good days and things are improving. 

• Like 2

[ns...]

Congrats sweetsurrender! So.good to hear a success story.

Mary1, I have these neurological issues. No TV, no music, no reading except for small bits online like bb. No phone calls, no communication to anyone except my husband bless his soul!

I'm considering a jump right now. My Symptoms are terrible on the drug and every dose I cringe. 

I do know this, when I was in withdrawal before this one, I was watching TV, even with sound, I played my piano, listened to music videos, read my Bible. It took a yr before I was able to do these simple things we take for granted and I never should have gone back on a benzo. My symptoms revved up so bad I felt I had no choice, I was in the er with hyponatremia and they gave me lorazepam again. I was happy!

I'm so sorry your going thru this too. 

I don't know how far you are in your taper but I'm seriously considering a jump as I am extending my dependency and it wasn't therapeutic when my taper began.

I'm uneasy, but I know this day has to come.

I hope for you that these terrible symptoms leave you. You are the sweetest thing, and you help everyone else here so gracefully. 

I enjoy reading your comforting words to many.

Thank u for being a friend to so many!

Wish me luck, pray for me. I think I'm know for a ride!

I'll keep u in my prayers Mary1 

:therethere:

Ns

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

@[ns...] Prayers on there way 🙏!! The biggest 1 being you have an easy jump, a wonderful re-birth into the life you are meant to live. One of joy, laughter and just beautiful new memories! Living your absolute BEST LIFE!

When you get there, and you will, never look back. Just shatter that rear view mirror, okay?

And what timing. Spring. When what was planted-with courage, determination, faith-BLOOMS 🌸🌸🌸

I know I am not the only 1 rooting for you. You’ve got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

[ns...]
55 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

@[ns...] Prayers on there way 🙏!! The biggest 1 being you have an easy jump, a wonderful re-birth into the life you are meant to live. One of joy, laughter and just beautiful new memories! Living your absolute BEST LIFE!

When you get there, and you will, never look back. Just shatter that rear view mirror, okay?

And what timing. Spring. When what was planted-with courage, determination, faith-BLOOMS 🌸🌸🌸

I know I am not the only 1 rooting for you. You’ve got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so precious!

Mary1, I chickened out for tonight!

I'm still at .09 and need to get to .05 but I'm going to speed things up a bit.

You are such a cheerleader for those of us at our darkest hour and I'm so thankful you are here.

Praying you get a nice long window. I've not had one of those during this 7 month journey but I've heard it's  a nice view.

Bless u sweet lady,

You'll be the one I call when I jump and one other sweet friend. I know I'll need the encouragement!

Scared myself lol, 😆 

Thank you!

Bless!

[Kr...]

@[ns...]you’re my cheerleader. I still talk to my inner spoiled brat when she starts to try and screw up my day!

• Like 1

[Nu...]
2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I frequently tell myself this isn’t w/d but severe brain damage on a different level.

For those experiencing neurological problems, specifically with communication, cognition, memory…any of them-could you please just share?

Also, can you read a book or watch a movie?

Absolutely. All of the above. I still struggle to read a paragraph and truly understand it in a way that I can apply the information... but it's improving. I get about 1.5 hours of brain-tasking work then I'm done and have to rest.

At its worst, I once watched the same episode of the TV Show Fargo three separate times because I couldn't understand and comprehend what I had just watched.

It will get better! I can finally follow TV shows now...

• Like 2

[ns...]
29 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

@[ns...]you’re my cheerleader. I still talk to my inner spoiled brat when she starts to try and screw up my day!

Lol, that's good to hear Krissirk888, 😄 

[Bu...]

@[Ma...] I don’t have anything to add because I’m still on meds, but I think you’re always so kind and encouraging and you were so nice on my last post. I just wanted to say I hope things turn around for you and start feeling better soon 🌷

• Love 1

[Bo...]

Hugs. Have this stuff on and off and had during some of my k taper. It will come back, hang on! 💜🙏

• Like 1