Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Blah. 15 Months Off.

[ne...]

I hate how I still have constant symptoms at 15 months off. Would love any comfort and reassurance. I realize this is not unheard of but if I still feel this crappy, is healing possible? Is it going to take me 5 years? Ugh. I always feel like I'm sick and have the itchy ears, eyes, throat, sneezing, etc. in addition to the other benzo symptoms like heart pounding, head squeezing, POTS crap, etc. I am discouraged. 

• Like 1

[Sw...]

@[ne...] on our hard days it’s easy to look at our progress and feel as though we’ve gotten nowhere. It’s very important  you stay focused on what’s improved, what you’ve accomplished so far, the positives… 

Can you share a few things in the last 15 months that have improved? Has sleep improved? Have your relationships stabled out? Have you been able to watch a funny movie and laugh or see something beautiful and smile? 

Share some of your victories to help you rationalize feeling like you’re “stuck” because you’re not! You’re just having a hard time right now. 

Edited by [Sw...]

[ne...]

Thank you very much. Certain things have gotten better but then other things have become worse that weren't an issue before. I will try to fixate my eyes more on the positives. Wishing you the best. 

[Sw...]

@[ne...] I get it. I have that happen too. Sometimes I start to recognize new problems crop up but then they settle down. Usually these are emotional/psychological. But also I get sick more often than I’d like, have days of fatigue and nausea, tinnitus, I get overwhelmed so easily,  but I know it doesn’t stay bad. Also I had POTS and it almost completely went away. Only symptom of it I have is heart beating quickly sometimes but no more dizziness or black outs. 

• Like 1

[Bi...]

I feel you.

I'm 14 months since my CT. I'm in an unpleasant wave. I have lots of symptoms disappeared but keep popping back then disappearing again. 

The depression is mostly gone as well as anxiety nothing like it used to be but the vertigo and dizziness stays apart from in windows. I get terrified I'll never feel well again 

😪

[Sw...]

@[Bi...] that’s awesome you can see where you’ve made strides in your healing. Focus only on the day at hand. One day at a time. It will get better. Try not to project what’s hard today into your future. 

• Like 1

[Co...]

I not quite as far out as you are , but I am 10 months completely off , I done a fast taper off klonopin 1 mg a day .  I also daily still have many issues , such as head pressure and feeling like a tight band is across back of my skull , fast heart rate , and basically feeling like I have the flu . However - I will say the tinnitus is better and I don’t think I am as severe as months back - it just feels like you put one thing to rest and something else comes . We just have to dig in and let God give us the grace we need , we will continue to heal . 

• Like 1

[Bi...]
1 minute ago, [[S...] said:

@[Bi...] that’s awesome you can see where you’ve made strides in your healing. Focus only on the day at hand. One day at a time. It will get better. Try not to project what’s hard today into your future. 

Thank you! I do try to stay positive. 

It's just frustrating but I can see progress albeit slow 

• Like 1

[Sw...]

@[Co...] have you happened to see an osteopath or massage therapist to help with the pressure. I realized recently I was experiencing tension headaches/migraines. The band like pressure is muscular and might just need some attention with massage or adjustments 

[Co...]

I did do some physical therapy , but I had the head pressure as soon as I was completing my taper 10 months ago , it’s just squeezing sensation , I thought I was having a stroke , I didn’t know it was withdrawal until i found this site and seen where others had it . But birdypie just hang in there , it helps to see others stories so you can know this is all part of the process . 

[Co...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I did do some physical therapy , but I had the head pressure as soon as I was completing my taper 10 months ago , it’s just squeezing sensation , I thought I was having a stroke , I didn’t know it was withdrawal until i found this site and seen where others had it . But birdypie just hang in there , it helps to see others stories so you can know this is all part of the process also I meant this for nervous wreck also , I don’t post much on here so I get a little confused  .