Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Diazepam to Clonazepam Help!

6 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[...]  Ich habe über 15 Jahre lang Clonazepam eingenommen. Am höchsten Punkt nahm ich 8 mg pro Tag. (Ärzte mussten meine Dosis ständig erhöhen). Als ich auf 1 mg Clonazepam heruntergekommen war, hat mich mein Arzt auf Valium umgestellt, weil es in viel geringeren Dosen erhältlich ist. Es gibt allgemeine Richtlinien für Äquivalente, aber für mich war 1 mg Clonazepam bei 30 mg Valium stabilisiert. Bei mir war die Depression eher auf die Benzoe/WD im Allgemeinen zurückzuführen. Wenn Sie auf kleinere Dosen umsteigen, ist das Ausschleichen im Allgemeinen viel schwieriger. Am 1. Januar dieses Jahres habe ich eine 4,5-jährige Ausbildung abgeschlossen. Vor diesem Ausschleichen habe ich Clonazepam vollständig ausgeschlichen und als ich unter 1 mg gesunken war, war ich in der Hölle. Ich dachte, ich würde daran sterben. Dieser letzte Taper-Übergang zum Valium war viel, viel besser. Ich weiß, dass Sie sagen, dass Ihre Depression unter der Einnahme von Valium wirklich schlimm sei, aber ich fürchte, das könnte Sie auch nach der Einnahme von Clonazepam treffen. Es tut mir so leid, dass es dir so schwer fällt.  :(

Thank you so much for telling your story and helping me with my decision ❤️

Was Clona better for your panic if you had some?

4 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[...] My dr put me on clonazepam years ago because of severe panic attacks.  I haven't had one in years.  But for me general anxiety was about the same on both of them.  The lower the taper the more stress on your system.  I know this is really hard.  It is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.  

Thank you .. I wish I wouldnt have messed up my taper so bad.

Thanks for Sharing.

I hope you are good ❤️

Little Update.

I talked to a pharmacy.

They can make drops for me with 0.01 mg clonazepam per drop.

Would that be slow enough to taper down?

I am still thinking about it, sorry when I am a burden but its my life .. I think you all understand that ❤️

13 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Meiner Meinung nach ja. Und wäre für fast jeden geeignet.

Aber zunächst: Wie hoch ist Ihre derzeitige Clonazepam-Dosis? Und welche Pillendosierung verwenden Sie?

Oh I am glad that you are here!

I am taking Diazepam. I had to updose but I am Not stabilizing so my doc said I could try Clonazepam.

I am taking 30 mg right now.

I came from 150 mg. Went to six, updosed to 30 mg.

[Co...]

I just looked at your first post. '30mg Valium = 6mg clonazepam' is outside of usual equivalence charts published by various medical authorities.  Most of them would equate 30mg Valium to about 1.5-3mg clonazepam. 6mg clonazepam is a high dose - way more than most members of BB have taken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

Ich habe mir gerade deinen ersten Beitrag angesehen. „30 mg Valium = 6 mg Clonazepam“ liegt außerhalb der üblichen Äquivalenztabellen, die von verschiedenen medizinischen Behörden veröffentlicht werden. Die meisten davon würden 30 mg Valium etwa 1,5–3 mg Clonazepam entsprechen. 6 mg Clonazepam sind eine hohe Dosis – viel mehr, als die meisten BB-Mitglieder eingenommen haben.

I thought that too. I think my doc said that because he wanted me to updose again. I wouldnt take 6 mg.

But do you think it could make sense to switch from Diazepam to clonazepam? Could that help to stabilize because it is a stronger Benzo?

Or doesnt it make sense because I come from such a high dose of Diazepam and have accute WD and tolerance?

(before He offered me clonazepam He wanted me to updose Diazepam again. I said no. It wont work.)

[Co...]
On 12/03/2024 at 14:54, [[L...] said:

Please do you due diligence before switching from diazepam to clonazepam @[...].  My understanding (which may or may no be correct - it’s based on statements by Ashton, Lauder, benzo coaches, and more recently an internationally known psychiatrist with extensive expertise in medication harms) is that the newer, more potent benzodiazepines like clonazepam and lorazepam are more difficult to taper than the older ones like diazepam.   Obtaining small enough doses to taper is also a concern because of clonazepam’s high potency.  If memory serves, you are in Germany.  Have you investigated what dosage forms of clonazepam are available? 

I thought it worth quoting the above. The reported problems with diazepam are mostly anecdotal in nature. And, for your information, there are just as many (or more) anecdotal reports of clonazepam being more difficult to use or taper. (Plus, there are some more authoritative reports - as outlined by @[Li...] - which suggest that this is the case.)

I understand that you feel depressed when taking diazepam. But you do not know how you will feel when taking clonazepam. Of course, this is judgement call. And if your situation with diazepam is serious enough, this might well weigh heavily in your decision. But it is important to understand that there are potential problems with clonazepam too. These are best guess situations, but you and your doctor will better understand your situation than members of BB.

Just now, [[C...] said:

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, warum Sie glauben, dass es nicht funktionieren würde (Hinweis: Ich stelle Ihre Meinung dazu nicht in Frage). Ich frage mich nur, warum eine höhere äquivalente Dosis von Clonazepam wirken würde, während Diazepam dies nicht tun würde.

Es gibt Unterschiede zwischen den verschiedenen Benzodiazepinen. Außerhalb der Halbwertszeitwerte sind diese Unterschiede jedoch subtil. Und wahrscheinlich von Person zu Person unterschiedlich.

Ich glaube, ich verstehe nicht, was Sie erreichen wollen.

I thought clonazepam would be better for anxiety and Panic.

How much updose would you think I need ?

I went from 10 to 30 without any effect.

I could give it a try .. but I really dont feel anything from 30 mg.

I didn't noticed anything from 150 mg at the end that was why I wanted to quit it

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Hallo@[...]

Ich schlage nicht vor, dass Sie Ihre Dosis erhöhen. Wenn Sie sagen, dass es nicht funktionieren wird, nehme ich das für bare Münze. Und sicherlich gibt es abnehmende Erträge bei Dosiserhöhungen von Benzodiazepinen, denn ab einem bestimmten Punkt scheinen diese Erhöhungen geringere therapeutische Wirkungen zu haben.

Ich habe dieses Thema nicht durchgelesen. Geben Sie an, dass Sie 150 mg Diazepam eingenommen haben?

Now it works, yay.

Yes I took 100-150 mg for three years.

Before that Lorazepam.

So Theres nothing I can do to stabilize?

I thought maybe a stronger Benzo could help. I don't know how to taper from here. But I am not getting better

Edited by [...]
Forgot sth

[Co...]

Hi @[...]. If you have already been on a higher dose, and it did not work, returning to higher dose does not seem like a realistic option approach for getting to a better place. Given this, and how similar are the therapeutic effects of different benzodiazepines, I do not see how see how taking a higher (equivalent) dose of another benzodiazepine would be beneficial.

Does your psychiatrist think you would be better off switching and/or taking a higher dose of benzodiazepine? Or, is this being driven by you?

7 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hallo@[...]. Wenn Sie bereits eine höhere Dosis eingenommen haben und diese nicht gewirkt hat, scheint die Rückkehr zu einer höheren Dosis keine realistische Option zu sein, um an einen besseren Ort zu gelangen. Angesichts dessen und der Ähnlichkeit der therapeutischen Wirkungen verschiedener Benzodiazepine kann ich mir nicht vorstellen, dass die Einnahme einer höheren (äquivalenten) Dosis eines anderen Benzodiazepins von Vorteil sein könnte.

Glaubt Ihr Psychiater, dass es für Sie besser wäre, auf Benzodiazepin umzusteigen und/oder eine höhere Dosis einzunehmen? Oder wird das von Ihnen vorangetrieben?

Thank you :(

he said I should updose. I said I don't want to so he said lets try Clonazepam.

he is not benzo wise but really trying to help. He saw me and was shocked.

I talked to Mark Horrowitz. He also said 30 mg wont be enough.

I get that. But what if 50 or sth isnt enough too?

I mean i come from 150 mg.

Thats unrealistic

And man, I don't want to take more!

I want to feel STABLE and get OFF

[An...]

Salo, I think you said you took 150 mgs of valium for 3 years. If you don't mind me asking, why were you taking so much, and was this being prescribed by a licensed medical provider?

Just now, [[A...] said:

Salo, ich glaube, Sie sagten, Sie hätten 3 Jahre lang 150 mg Valium eingenommen. Wenn es Ihnen nichts ausmacht, wenn ich frage, warum haben Sie so viel eingenommen und wurde Ihnen dies von einem zugelassenen Arzt verschrieben?

Yes. I hit tolerance very fast. So I took more. And more. My Depression got worse so Most of the time I just took so much for not feeling a lot.

Nope. He prescribed me 60 mg.

I ordered the rest about the internet.

Not proud of it!!!!!