Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Diazepam to Clonazepam Help!

[ma...]

I then took Diazepam . Went in terrible tolerance . I could not survive in that situation . He updosed and kept me on that dose for a couple of months . It helped a lot .

1 minute ago, [[m...] said:

Ich habe dann Diazepam genommen. Ging in schrecklicher Toleranz. Ich konnte in dieser Situation nicht überleben. Er erhöhte die Dosis und hielt mich ein paar Monate lang auf dieser Dosis. Es hat sehr geholfen.

May I ask how much you updosed and how long it took to stabilize?

[ma...]

Later i got Lyrica wich i added . It gave me energi . When you feel ok . Then you can taper .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Es hat ziemlich schnell geholfen. Bei mir vielleicht sofort. Ich habe 2-3 Mal pro Woche 20 mg verwendet. Er hat die Dosis jeden Tag auf 20 mg erhöht. Ich weiß nicht, was das für Sie sein könnte. Wie viel Prozent der Dosis ist das?

I take 30 mg every day.

I am so glad it worked for you.

How much Diazepam die you took from the beginning ?

[ma...]

I took it not regurarly . But when i took ii used about 15 mg  but it increased over time and more often . Until tolerance hell .

22 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Ich habe es nicht regelmäßig eingenommen. Aber als ich II einnahm, nahm ich ungefähr 15 mg, aber mit der Zeit und häufiger nahm die Dosis zu. Bis zur Toleranzhölle.

I hope you are better now.

Thank you for your help ❤️

[An...]

PS - The klonopin will probably work but I would not start out at 6 mgs. Please be aware that K is very potent & far from ideal to taper from. It is the only benzo I have sworn to never take again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Ok, ich habe einen Blick darauf geworfen. Sie haben also 3 Jahre lang 150 mg V eingenommen? Wurde das von einem Arzt behandelt und wofür? Angst?

Yes. And two years before that Lorazepam

For extreme Panic, yes 

1 minute ago, [[A...] said:

PS: Das Klonopin wird wahrscheinlich funktionieren, aber ich würde nicht mit 6 mg beginnen. Bitte beachten Sie, dass K sehr stark ist und alles andere als ideal zum Ausschleichen ist. Es ist das einzige Benzo, von dem ich geschworen habe, es nie wieder einzunehmen.

What dose would you take?

And how should I Crossover?

What made it so hard for you?

Thank you for your time !!!

38 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Vielleicht .5 TID und ich würde wahrscheinlich nicht überkreuzen, sondern einfach einen abrupten Wechsel durchführen. Weniger könnte sogar funktionieren. Das kann dir aber nur dein Körper sagen. Ich kann es nicht und auch sonst niemand hier. Ich würde mit der Einnahme von 0,5 beginnen und sehen, wie Sie sich fühlen. Wenn es Ihnen gut geht, dann warten Sie mit der Einnahme einer weiteren Dosis und prüfen Sie, wie lange es dauern kann, bis die Wirkung nachlässt und Sie eine weitere Dosis einnehmen müssen.

Du hast mich gefragt >>>>>

Ich weiß nicht. Ich habe ca. 30 Tage lang nur 0,5 mg Kalium eingenommen. 13 Jahre und meiner Meinung nach hat es großartig funktioniert. Ich hatte zugegeben, dass ich dieses Medikament einfach für den Rest meines Lebens einnehmen musste ... bis ich tolerant wurde. Ich habe 3 Benzos genommen. Xanax, Klonopin und Valium. Von allen W/Ds war K meiner Meinung nach das schlechteste.

Thank you a lot for your answers !

I really just begged for some relief..

But I will give myself a few days to think about it. Because if it wont help long I will be there with a Benzo that seems to be really hard to taper.

I just thought it would cure my tolerance because my Body doesnt know clonazepam..

I just want relief. I messed up so bad.

Thank you again ❤️

11 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Ich freue mich, dass Sie sich die Zeit nehmen, darüber nachzudenken@[...]. Dies ist keine übereilte Entscheidung. 

Kennen Sie zum Beispiel das Konzept der Kreuztoleranz? Sie tritt auf, wenn eine Toleranz gegenüber den Wirkungen eines Arzneimittels zu einer Toleranz gegenüber einem anderen Arzneimittel führt. Dies tritt häufig bei Arzneimitteln auf, die auf denselben Rezeptor oder Neurotransmitter wirken. Bei Benzodiazepinen wurde eine vollständige und teilweise Kreuztoleranz beobachtet.

I didn't knew that!!!! That is a very important information!!!! 

Is there anything to read about that?

Just now, [[L...] said:

Ja, Sie können PubMed nach den Begriffen Kreuztoleranz und Benzodiazepine durchsuchen.

Thank you so, so much ! 

I will tell my doc about that.

He knows nothing about benzos because he doesn't describes it (whats good) I only got it because my old doc did

[je...]

@[...] I agree with @[Re...]and @[Li...] regarding their suggestions and half lives. What this means is that Valium lasts longer than Clonazepam before it works out. If you’re having interdose withdrawal on Valium it will likely be worse on Clonazepam. 

• Like 1

Hey Guys.

So Yesterday I read a lot. There are many docs that say you should taper with clonazepam, not diazepam to stop the accumulation.

But I get that its a bad benzo to taper down because of the doses you get.

I really dont know what is right.

I just know that I feel lost.

Posted (edited)

What is the Difference Between Clonazepam and Diazepam?

Clonazepam and diazepam are anxiolytic benzodiazepines that treat panic disorder, severe anxiety, and seizures. Although these two drugs belong to the same drug class, there is a distinct difference between Clonazepam and Diazepam. Clonazepam has an intermediate onset of action and may require 1-2 h to start working. However, the effect lasts up to 12 h. In contrast, diazepam has a rapid onset of action and typically lasts only 4-6 h. Clonazepam is more potent than diazepam and, therefore, prescribed in lower doses. Clonazepam is primarily metabolized into inactive compounds, while diazepam is metabolized into active metabolites.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.differencebetween.com/what-is-the-difference-between-clonazepam-and-diazepam/amp/

@[...]Libertas

Edited by [...]
Forgot sth

[Li...]

I’m not confident that “What is the difference?” is a credible source.  Below are the pharmacokinetics for diazepam and clonazepam from the official US FDA drug labels. 

Diazepam

Absorption: After oral administration >90% of diazepam is absorbed and the average time to achieve peak plasma concentrations is 1 – 1.5 hours with a range of 0.25 to 2.5 hours. Absorption is delayed and decreased when administered with a moderate fat meal. In the presence of food mean lag times are approximately 45 minutes as compared with 15 minutes when fasting. There is also an increase in the average time to achieve peak concentrations to about 2.5 hours in the presence of food as compared with 1.25 hours when fasting. This results in an average decrease in C maxof 20% in addition to a 27% decrease in AUC (range 15% to 50%) when administered with food.

Elimination: The initial distribution phase is followed by a prolonged terminal elimination phase (half-life up to 48 hours). The terminal elimination half-life of the active metabolite N-desmethyldiazepam is up to 100 hours … Diazepam accumulates upon multiple dosing and there is some evidence that the terminal elimination half-life is slightly prolonged.

Clonazepam

Absorption: Clonazepam is rapidly and completely absorbed after oral administration. The absolute bioavailability of clonazepam is about 90%. Maximum plasma concentrations of clonazepam are reached within 1 to 4 hours after oral administration.

Elimination: The elimination half-life of clonazepam is typically 30 to 40 hours. Clonazepam pharmacokinetics are dose-independent throughout the dosing range.

58 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob „Was ist der Unterschied?“ ist eine glaubwürdige Quelle. Nachfolgend finden Sie die Pharmakokinetik für Diazepam und Clonazepam gemäß den offiziellen Arzneimitteletiketten der US-amerikanischen FDA. 

Diazepam

Resorption: Nach oraler Verabreichung werden mehr als 90 % des Diazepams resorbiert und die durchschnittliche Zeit bis zum Erreichen der maximalen Plasmakonzentration beträgt 1 – 1,5 Stunden mit einer Spanne von 0,25 bis 2,5 Stunden. Die Resorption ist verzögert und verringert, wenn es zusammen mit einer mäßig fetthaltigen Mahlzeit verabreicht wird. Bei Nahrungsaufnahme beträgt die durchschnittliche Verzögerungszeit etwa 45 Minuten im Vergleich zu 15 Minuten beim Fasten. Außerdem verlängert sich die durchschnittliche Zeit bis zum Erreichen der Spitzenkonzentration in Gegenwart von Nahrungsmitteln auf etwa 2,5 Stunden im Vergleich zu 1,25 Stunden beim Fasten. Dies führt zu einer durchschnittlichen Senkung der Cmax um 20 % zusätzlich zu einer 27 %igen Senkung der AUC (Bereich 15 % bis 50 %), wenn es zusammen mit Nahrungsmitteln verabreicht wird.

Elimination: Auf die anfängliche Verteilungsphase folgt eine verlängerte terminale Eliminationsphase (Halbwertszeit bis zu 48 Stunden). Die terminale Eliminationshalbwertszeit des aktiven Metaboliten N-Desmethyldiazepam beträgt bis zu 100 Stunden … Diazepam akkumuliert bei Mehrfachdosierung und es gibt Hinweise darauf, dass die terminale Eliminationshalbwertszeit leicht verlängert ist.

Clonazepam

Resorption: Clonazepam wird nach oraler Verabreichung schnell und vollständig resorbiert. Die absolute Bioverfügbarkeit von Clonazepam beträgt etwa 90 %. Maximale Plasmakonzentrationen von Clonazepam werden innerhalb von 1 bis 4 Stunden nach oraler Verabreichung erreicht.

Elimination: Die Eliminationshalbwertszeit von Clonazepam beträgt typischerweise 30 bis 40 Stunden. Die Pharmakokinetik von Clonazepam ist über den gesamten Dosierungsbereich dosisunabhängig.

Heres a picture from the article. It sais what you say. I mean the 

noticeable effect. Its a work from 2022.

https://www.differencebetween.com/what-is-the-difference-between-clonazepam-and-diazepam/