Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lots of inflammation

[An...]

Hi everyone, I have a question for those of you who suffer from Mast Cell Activation Syndrome due to benzo use. My doctors think that MCAS started with a covid infection in 2020 but then got worse after being prescribed and tapering benzos. I am currently at 0.68 of clonazepam, and I'm only reducing by a half a percent every two weeks.

I am extremely inflamed. What this looks like for me is extreme feelings of tightness and water retention in my torso. It makes it very hard to sit up and move around. The strange thing is I don't really look horribly bloated. I just feel extreme tightness and edema feeling in my torso. It feels like all of my tissues are terribly swollen.

Nothing has really worked for this. In fact I am adverse to most supplements and medications. I get flare ups like this every so often and this one is really, really bad.

My whole torso area feels excessively tight and uncomfortable on a very high level. Any advice about how to make this a little bit easier is appreciated.

On a side note, I was accidentally updosed about 6 weeks ago. The updose lasted 3 days, and my inflammation during that time went down dramatically to almost zero. That's why I think this is an MCAS issue since benzos can be Mast Cell stabilizers. Thank you for any ideas.

• 2 months later...
[He...]

Hey @[An...]. I have MCAS too and was wondering if you wanted to connect and swap notes. This WD has been brutal.

[Le...]

or you both could be horribly inflammed from the stress of WD and you body reacts more strongly to irritants and cant cope with them as well right now.