Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Akathisia symptoms

[Ra...]

Hi All

Does feeling of extreme restlessness with fear of losing control, without terror and agitation, is sign of akathisia?

[Wi...]

Could be. I learned it has a lot of symptoms. For me it’s like pulsating electricity that causes the restlessness and it’s very physical. I don’t really get the terror other than I get terrified from the neurological symptoms and freak out. 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
36 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Could be. I learned it has a lot of symptoms. For me it’s like pulsating electricity that causes the restlessness and it’s very physical. I don’t really get the terror other than I get terrified from the neurological symptoms and freak out. 

@[Wi...] you saying right, akathisia has lot of symptoms. Akathisia bring lots of other psychological and physical symptoms withself. I have extreme restlessness in whole body which trigger my anxiety at worst level. 

[wi...]
51 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I pray for my aka to be terror free. I can’t even imagine.

• Like 1

[Wi...]
9 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

I pray for my aka to be terror free. I can’t even imagine.

I hope it goes away for you. 

[wi...]
1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

I hope it goes away for you. 

Thank you, me too! 10 months and counting. It’ll do me in if it doesn’t. ❤️

• Like 1

[Ra...]
10 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

Thank you, me too! 10 months and counting. It’ll do me in if it doesn’t. ❤️

@[wi...] you will definitely heal from terror, 

My akathisia, symptoms are change on daily basis, but every synonyms are pure torture, i have also terror which start suddenly daily. But akathisia restlessness is also pure hell, sometime i feel like i am going insane with this unbearable restlessness, Agitation .i am bearing this from seven months,and have to bear it untill tapering,which also take whole year. Every second feel likes a  year to me. 

Please don't lose hope. We have to fight with this hell untill healing. Just ignore horror stories. Our thoughts are our outcome. So, Be positive. 

Sorry for my English, because its not my native language 

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[wi...] you will definitely heal from terror, 

My akathisia, symptoms are change on daily basis, but every synonyms are pure torture, i have also terror which start suddenly daily. But akathisia restlessness is also pure hell, sometime i feel like i am going insane with this unbearable restlessness, Agitation .i am bearing this from seven months,and have to bear it untill tapering,which also take whole year. Every second feel likes a  year to me. 

Please don't lose hope. We have to fight with this hell untill healing. Just ignore horror stories. Our thoughts are our outcome. So, Be positive. 

Sorry for my English, because its not my native language 

@[wi...] i think restlessness is a response of fear which we feal. 

My akathisia from ssri, i am on kolonopin .

I don't know know how i will taper k. 

Edited by [Ra...]

[wi...]
4 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[wi...] i think restlessness is a response of fear which we feal. 

My akathisia from ssri, i am on kolonopin .

I don't know know how i will taper k. 

No, not the case for me. I’m highly attuned to the difference between aka infused vs “regular” anxiety 

[Ra...]
2 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

No, not the case for me. I’m highly attuned to the difference between aka infused vs “regular” anxiety 

@[wi...] i have anxiety disorder since childhood, i can definitely didiferentiate  between terror and anxiety. 

terror is just hell, hand to toe my body is fill with fear right now.i am just 23 ,at start i didn't understand what is doing to me. I just told my father i wanted to die. Can a person with simple anxiety, will think about death?? 

I have every symptoms of akathisia.