Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cbd for withdrawal

[De...]

Hi everyone! It will be two weeks tomorrow of a two month taper from cloneazapam. The side effects are the same as when I went CT. (I had no idea of the repercussions of cloneazapam until I was in withdrawal the first time and researched it) I wish to God I had never taken it, as I know we all are! 

I naively believed tapering would do the trick. Unfortunately, this time I'm having heart palpitations and acid reflux. (Not sure if the latter is a symptom).

I also live in a remote area, two hours to the nearest hospital! I'm having so much anxiety and worried about seizures. I don't want to die!

My question is has anyone tried CBD oil for withdrawal? And is recommended or not?

I would appreciate any input! Nighttime is the worst!

[pi...]

Hello @[De...] and welcome to the forum from me.

I read your opening post but didn’t see information about what dose of clonazepam you were taking. Would you mind sharing that? 

Many of us started this journey not knowing what kind of medication a benzo is and what ramifications there are in terms of dependency and withdrawal. 

I don’t believe you need to worry about seizures at 2 weeks off benzos. They are in reality quite rare, and usually happen when stopping cold turkey from a high dose.

You are very new off benzos, still in the acute phase, where the withdrawal symptoms can be the strongest. 

Many people look for medications and supplements to help ease withdrawal symptoms. Everyone will react differently. Some people might feel relief using CBD and others not. I noticed you are also asking about trazodone is your other post. Again, each person will have a different outcome. I am so sensitive to medications that I didn’t take anything during my recovery.

How did I endure? I used distraction, sometimes day and night. My bag of tricks was easy going movies and books, puzzles, crosswords, white noise and reading Success Stories. 

This journey can be challenging but I believe the nervous system seeks to find balance. Your short time use is in your favor, but it can take time for things to settle down. It’s help to know you are not alone in this process, we’re here to support you!

[De...]

Thanks so much pianogirl! Your response was encouraging!

I honestly don't know how much I was taking as I know longer have a prescription bottle.

What I do know is the tablets were a peach colour and I was taking one and a half at the beginning of taper. I went down by a quarter every two weeks over a two month period. My last quarter I only had enough for about five days. 

I hope that helps!

Thanks again! You have eased some of my anxiety!

[An...]

I think K pills come in blue, orange, and white. Sounds to me like you were on the orange = .5mgs. One and a half would = .75 mgs.

[An...]

Have you got some CBD oil? I don't think it is going to hurt you if you try it b/c it has so little THC. I tried it. It did not seem to do any thing (good or bad) in my case.

OP said>>>

this time I'm having heart palpitations and acid reflux

What do you mean by this time? Was there a prior benzo detox that you had?

OP said>>>

I'm having so much anxiety and worried about seizures. I don't want to die!

At 2 weeks out, I think the possibility of a seizure is remote. @[De...], How long were you actually on the klonopin and what medical issue did you have going on that you took the klonopin to treat? Welcome to BB btw.

[De...]

It must have been the orange than, that I was on.

Yes, I do have cbd oil on hand. 

I was taking cloneazapam for general anxiety and panic attacks. 

[De...]

@OP I was on it for about 3 months. Two of those months was when I was tapering. 

[Ia...]

I think it helps but it is not a cure all. simply one more tool for the tool kit.

edit: simply going for a walk seems to help me the most. couple mile walk with intermittent jogs in there (getting the heart rate up) helps the most IMO

Edited by [Ia...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[An...]
6 hours ago, [[I...] said:

I think it helps but it is not a cure all. simply one more tool for the tool kit.

edit: simply going for a walk seems to help me the most. couple mile walk with intermittent jogs in there (getting the heart rate up) helps the most IMO

Yeah, I would give the CBD a shot and see if it helps you any.

[An...]
7 hours ago, [[D...] said:

@OP I was on it for about 3 months. Two of those months was when I was tapering. 

That is good. You were not really on it for that long like many of us here. Many ppl like myself have been on this stuff for decades. Ugh!