Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Guest Room Terror

[Kr...]

I’m currently staying at my friends house (her parents) in their guest room. I know I should be grateful, and I am, but her mom has all these weird and scary dolls on display, like at least 100 of them. My terror is so bad right now that my chest is very tight and I’m gasping a little to breathe normally. 
She has everything from these little fabric stuffed dolls squished into sealed jars to jesters and clowns , plus cabbage patch dolls and even dolls of old actors and actresses.

i think I’m losing my sanity because I can’t stop thinking these thoughts these doll will get me or move closer when I close my eyes to try and sleep only to go back on the shelf when I’m looking to try and fool me. I know it isn’t real, but my mind can’t stop thinking of all those movies about possessed and evil dolls.

Even if I go back to sleeping in my car, I have to wait until Tuesday when I can pick it up from the shop as it’s being repaired. 

I’m feeling so hopeless and this doll room is just sending me over the edge. 

I’m sure this sounds ridiculous, but I feel terrible being in this room. I’m not going to sleep tonight. If I keep the lights on I see the dolls, if I turn the lights off, I start thinking they are moving 

[ns...]
6 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

I’m currently staying at my friends house (her parents) in their guest room. I know I should be grateful, and I am, but her mom has all these weird and scary dolls on display, like at least 100 of them. My terror is so bad right now that my chest is very tight and I’m gasping a little to breathe normally. 
She has everything from these little fabric stuffed dolls squished into sealed jars to jesters and clowns , plus cabbage patch dolls and even dolls of old actors and actresses.

i think I’m losing my sanity because I can’t stop thinking these thoughts these doll will get me or move closer when I close my eyes to try and sleep only to go back on the shelf when I’m looking to try and fool me. I know it isn’t real, but my mind can’t stop thinking of all those movies about possessed and evil dolls.

Even if I go back to sleeping in my car, I have to wait until Tuesday when I can pick it up from the shop as it’s being repaired. 

I’m sure this sounds ridiculous, but I feel terrible being in this room. I’m not going to sleep tonight. If I keep the lights on I see the dolls, if I turn the lights off, I start thinking they are moving 

Put a sheet over them! I know I would find a sheet and cover them up. During the day, take it off so she doesn't know. Or, you could just tell her they bother u and hopefully she'll even get you the sheets!

Ns

• Like 2

[Ta...]

Can you go to a hotel? I would probably feel the same way you do. I've been in rooms like that, and all those dolls staring out made me feel like I was losing my mind. You have to think about yourself and take care of YOU! If there's any way you could get out of there, or move to another room, then please do. Is your friend understanding about what you are going through?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I agree with Nsindy. The dolls are better covered or taken out of the room, if possible. Sure i know the feeling of terror preventing from falling asleep. I used to have the same in my childhood and now, while living through the wd, some things bother me the same way. I usually say to myself that ok, i know it's ridiculous but if it makes me better i will take the things out for a while. 

Hope you'll find a suitable solution for the time being and later the fear is bound to disappear in the blue.

• Like 1

[wi...]

@[Kr...]oh, you poor sweet thing. I understand how intense this situation must be for you. 
 Those hideous dolls are not capable of coming to life or moving. They have no power over you whatsoever. 

What you’re feeling is the cruelty of a mind in withdrawal, nothing more.

Hopefully you have talked to your friend and worked out a solution. 

It’s going to be okay, pretend we’re all holding your hand and that those friggin’ dolls are terrified of us!!

Love you very much. 🫂

• Love 2

[Kr...]
Posted (edited)

They moved me into the basement. It’s finished and nice. All of her extra dolls and collectibles are stored in the attic. So I’m far away from them.

i still sometimes get a creepy thought that some dolls are going to crawl through the air ducts to get me!  The panic has subsided for the most part now that those numerous eyes aren’t staring at me.

im glad nobody made fun of me for posting this.

Edited by [Kr...]
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[ns...]
24 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

They moved me into the basement. It’s finished and nice. All of her extra dolls and collectibles are stored in the attic. So I’m far away from them.

i still sometimes get a credit thought that some dolls are going to crawl through the air ducts to get me!  The panic has subsided for the most part now that those numerous eyes aren’t staring at me.

im glad nobody made fun of me for posting this.

Me too.  So glad to hear you've got your own room. That's so great!

Ns:hug:

• Like 1

[je...]

Oh no I would absolutely lose my shit if I had to be in a room with dolls. Of course they are not going to harm you, but I understand they are unsettling and just awful. I'm glad you were moved. I hope you get a bit of sleep now. Just think of the fact that these friends care about you and you are safe. Good night :)

• Love 1