Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Recovering from a multiple month long alcohol binge

[hl...]

Hey guys I’m back. 

I’ve been experiencing a severe migraine for months that never let up, it felt like someone is tickling my brain with a feather. My amygdala is tortured and inflamed. I tried everything in the book, Advil, Tylenol, propranolol, attenolol, Benadryl, memantine, gabapentin, some medicine specifically for migraines (I don’t know the name) and nothing provided me relief.

In my frustration when it was at its peak, I drank some wine and it vanished. This caused me to go on a multiple month long bender, just to find relief.

I quit alcohol today, and it’s hard. My migraine is back with a vengeance. Back to square one, actually, probably back further than that now.

• Like 1

[ve...]

Monitor your high blood pressure.  I guess you have some anti-hypertensive medication available.

Keep yourself hydrated.

Call the doctor if you feel like you can't make it.

[Re...]

You are doing the right thing @[hl...], I personally completely understand you have been looking for a relief. However, in the long run, I believe this realization will benefit you tremendously.

I know you have had a really hard time, this might be very well the key to your recovery. You can do this, I am pulling for you majorly, Buddy!! 

[Bl...]

Don’t beat yourself up for falling off the wagon . Head pain is the worst . 
Alcohol and Benzo’s “compliment” each other IE work in a similar way on the receptor sites in the brain . 
I can understand one negating the WD from the other because I’ve been there . 
Good you’ve stopped today 👍

You just have to not deepen it and keep trying . Tomorrow is another day and a new day , you might just be hung over from the bender …. I hope 🤞 

At least you’ve got an amygdala 😉

[PE...]
On 11/03/2024 at 03:22, [[h...] said:

Hey guys I’m back. 

I’ve been experiencing a severe migraine for months that never let up, it felt like someone is tickling my brain with a feather. My amygdala is tortured and inflamed. I tried everything in the book, Advil, Tylenol, propranolol, attenolol, Benadryl, memantine, gabapentin, some medicine specifically for migraines (I don’t know the name) and nothing provided me relief.

In my frustration when it was at its peak, I drank some wine and it vanished. This caused me to go on a multiple month long bender, just to find relief.

I quit alcohol today, and it’s hard. My migraine is back with a vengeance. Back to square one, actually, probably back further than that now.

Good choice!

I have the same problem. Having constant headache. Only thing that helps is really strong coffee. It kills it!