Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Citicoline and SAM-e in recovery

[Ma...]

I just met with a doctor-Mayo trained, expertise in psychopharmacology, 1 of 2 invited to fellowship at NIH, a DO, works at FDA who sees private clients on Saturdays.

Amongst other supplements (which I question…) she recommends these.

Anyone knowledgeable, please?

Many thanks,

Edited by [Ma...]

[Ta...]

Following this. Any update? I think citicoline messes with Serotonin, and that's a red flag (for me.) I tried SAM-e and it really revved me up. I think that sometimes it might be the fillers or the capsule that irritate us,  too. Did you try any of the things she suggested?

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

@[Ta...] Not yet and have decided against the SAM-r due to gastro side effects. Did that happen when you took it?

B vitamins affect serotonin so I’m trying not to worry about that aspect of Citicoline.

Will report back…

P.S.

I took 100 mg of DHA the last 2 days which completely blew up my CNS but late last night I felt a shift, same with this a.m. so……… 🤔

Edited by [Ma...]

[Ta...]
4 hours ago, [[M...] said:

@[Ta...] Not yet and have decided against the SAM-r due to gastro side effects. Did that happen when you took it?

B vitamins affect serotonin so I’m trying not to worry about that aspect of Citicoline.

Will report back…

P.S.

I took 100 mg of DHA the last 2 days which completely blew up my CNS but late last night I felt a shift, same with this a.m. so……… 🤔

Yes, the SAM-e did upset my stomach, but the worst part was being revved up. I started taking tiny amounts of zinc recently, and thought it was helping me, but that blew up in my face. So, I tread very carefully now!

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

@[Ta...] Doesn’t Zinc cause hair loss? I’ve lost 60% of my hair and am trying Collagen next…

She wanted me on Magnesium and I said ‘Nope’, doesn’t work for me and Valerian Root. Me again: Nope. She said ‘We’ll discuss’. Ummmm, no we won’t.

I have to gather the patience of Jobe for our next appointment Saturday. You can’t get any better than someone with her pedigree but for once I wish 1 of them would listen and hear me.

May I ask what else you’ve tried? Anything for dizziness or fatigue? Or  a hideous stress response? If I could just somehow MANAGE those I would be in a better place. I can ignore, tolerate all of the rest, but these 3 are my kryptonite. 

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me!

Edited by [Ma...]

[Ta...]

Strangely, ingesting magnesium is an epic nightmare, but if I put a half cup of Epsom salts in a hot bath, then I feel relaxed and southed. Can you tolerate B-1? Unfortunately, I cannot, but I've heard it helps with fatigue. I made a list of all the things I've tried that backfired, I have to look for it.

All the best to you Mary, dear!