Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Should I reinstate?

[wi...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

@[wi...] thank you for the reassurance my friend 🙏 did you deal with any vertigo/dizzyness/ balance issues during w/D?

I had it all. Almost every symptom.  Still in my sub acute stage. 10 months off. 

[ns...]
24 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[ns...]hahaha I love that analogy!! I hope you feel better soon ❤️ I can ignore most of the others but the vertigo is so disruptive that it’s almost impossible for me to try and ignore :( I wish so badly there was something to alleviate this symptom. I wonder if maybe some Dramamine or something would help

Oh no, Idk. You could try it I guess. Like I say, some can some can't. 

I know what you mean, it's hard to ignore many symptoms, it's really hard. I'm numb from the waste down and idk why but it is. I have stinging like bees all over me, idk why but it's there. So I just keep distracted as much as I can, change my focus ya know. If I'm sitting still, calm busy distracted, it's not so bad. But we have no choice, setteling that in my mind helps, I don't like it but it's just got to be I guess. I know time heals, and staying as positive as possible changes chemicals in the brain that are good. So any chance to grow some good in our brain is a chance we need to take. 

It's a journey for sure, I'm sorry you feel dizzy and nauseated. I think I read online something for nausea that was natural, you might search that. 

Take care 🙂 

Ns

[An...]

Lucas, instead of benzos, have you ever taken or considered a SSRI. In some cases, they can help but they take about 4-6 weeks before they kick in?  Here is what Professor Ashton had to say. >>>

Antidepressants. Antidepressants are the most important adjuvant drugs to consider in withdrawal. 

There is a school of thought, mainly amongst ex-tranquilliser users, that is opposed to the taking of any other drugs during withdrawal. But suicides have occurred in several reported clinical trials of benzodiazepine withdrawal. If depression is severe during benzodiazepine withdrawal as in any other situation, it seems foolhardy to leave it untreated.

Antidepressants not only alleviate depression but also, after 2-3 weeks, have anti-anxiety effects. They are in fact a better long-term treatment than benzodiazepines for anxiety, panic and phobic disorders, and may in some cases actively help the benzodiazepine withdrawal process.

I have personally found Lexapro to be the best SSRI for me with the least side effects.

[Lu...]
On 11/03/2024 at 18:28, [[n...] said:

Oh no, Idk. You could try it I guess. Like I say, some can some can't. 

I know what you mean, it's hard to ignore many symptoms, it's really hard. I'm numb from the waste down and idk why but it is. I have stinging like bees all over me, idk why but it's there. So I just keep distracted as much as I can, change my focus ya know. If I'm sitting still, calm busy distracted, it's not so bad. But we have no choice, setteling that in my mind helps, I don't like it but it's just got to be I guess. I know time heals, and staying as positive as possible changes chemicals in the brain that are good. So any chance to grow some good in our brain is a chance we need to take. 

It's a journey for sure, I'm sorry you feel dizzy and nauseated. I think I read online something for nausea that was natural, you might search that. 

Take care 🙂 

Ns

I’m so sorry you’re going through those horrid symptoms my friend and pray they get better for you soon. Thank you for the sound advice yet again ❤️

• Like 1

[Lu...]

@[An...] I am a bit hesitant to introduce anything new to my brain right now in this very fragile state I am very very sensitive to medication unfortunately but thank you for the advice. I will certainly look into it if it becomes truly unmanageable, I will speak with my psych about it. Thank you very much for the advice. 

[ns...]
10 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I’m so sorry you’re going through those horrid symptoms my friend and pray they get better for you soon. Thank you for the sound advice yet again ❤️

On 12/03/2024 at 01:30, [[A...] said:

Lucas, instead of benzos, have you ever taken or considered a SSRI. In some cases, they can help but they take about 4-6 weeks before they kick in?  Here is what Professor Ashton had to say. >>>

I have personally found Lexapro to be the best SSRI for me with the least side effects.

Only problem, there just another drug and our brains need to be clear of any drugs to heal if you can go without them.

I know I haven't been able to take anything and I think that's a blessing!

• Like 1