Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Diazepam taper help please.

[Za...]

Sorry not sure what happened there but pasted the same message 3 times. 😬😬

[je...]
33 minutes ago, [[Z...] said:

Yes, I took 10mg, i felt better but it didnt last much circa 6 hours and then i started gwtting the sweats again, I think I was to far from my last dose. I did say to her I might have to take more on the first night if required ie. 15mg, she was OK with that to get back on track and then. Then will do 5 in morning and 5 at night.  I have another appointment with her on Friday this week, well then know how I feel and if we proceed with 10 for a couple more weeks and then go down slow.

Was thinking 

9mg  2 weeks
8mg 2 weeks
7mg 2 weeks
6mg 2 weeks
5mg 2 weeks
4mg 2 weeks
4.5 2 weeks
4 2 weeks
3.5 2 weeks
3 2 weeks
2.5 2 weeks
2 2 weeks
1.5 2 weeks
1 2 weeks
.5 2 weeks

sounds OK? That is 30 weeks all together?

If it were me I would not get fixated on a timeline or an end date. 

I think you should just take it one cut at a time. If you finish earlier great, if it takes longer no big deal. 

• Like 1

[Za...]
3 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I think you should just take it one cut at a time. If you finish earlier great, if it takes longer no big deal. 

@[je...] that sounds even better.  Less pressure, likely the Dr seems kind and happy to do what is needed to get me off them....thank you for your input

• Like 1

[Fo...]

I would say that's a bit too quick. Reduce by 0.4mg per 2 weeks then stay at 4mg for 2 weeks.Then reduce by 0.2mg per two weeks.  When you've been on 0.2mg for two weeks take the plunge. I'm basing this on recent findings about GABA-A occupancy.

This may seem a little slow , but better safe than sorry .Good luck. 

Edited by [Fo...]
  • Like 1

[Za...]
On 11/03/2024 at 21:02, [[j...] said:

Thank you!

[An...]
On 11/03/2024 at 16:23, [[Z...] said:

Yes, I took 10mg, i felt better but it didnt last much circa 6 hours and then i started gwtting the sweats again, I think I was to far from my last dose. I did say to her I might have to take more on the first night if required ie. 15mg, she was OK with that to get back on track and then. Then will do 5 in morning and 5 at night.  I have another appointment with her on Friday this week, well then know how I feel and if we proceed with 10 for a couple more weeks and then go down slow.

Was thinking 

9mg  2 weeks
8mg 2 weeks
7mg 2 weeks
6mg 2 weeks
5mg 2 weeks
4mg 2 weeks
4.5 2 weeks
4 2 weeks
3.5 2 weeks
3 2 weeks
2.5 2 weeks
2 2 weeks
1.5 2 weeks
1 2 weeks
.5 2 weeks

sounds OK? That is 30 weeks all together?

Sounds ok to me.....it is the Ashton protocol going a little slower at the end.

How are you feeling today my friend?

[Za...]

@[An...] a lot better, thanks again for your help. Was hoping to get off these sooner but seems like slower is:better.

One question I'm on lexapro (escitalopram) 10mg been on it for years. I want to get off them as well, read they increase Glutamate by the inhibition of gaba suggesting it could slow my recovery. Can I reduce the dose on these in the meantime 

[78...]
On 12/03/2024 at 18:08, [[F...] said:

I would say that's a bit too quick. Reduce by 0.4mg per 2 weeks then stay at 4mg for 2 weeks.Then reduce by 0.2mg per two weeks.  When you've been on 0.2mg for two weeks take the plunge. I'm basing this on recent findings about GABA-A occupancy.

This may seem a little slow , but better safe than sorry .Good luck. 

Hi, i am currently planning my taper from 3mg diazepam and i am worried about how much i can taper when getting to low doses. Can you tell me more about gaba-a occupancy or help me get more info?

Thanks

[je...]
11 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Hi, i am currently planning my taper from 3mg diazepam and i am worried about how much i can taper when getting to low doses. Can you tell me more about gaba-a occupancy or help me get more info?

Thanks

@[Do...] I'll mention you in the relevant thread related to this info. You'll get a notification.