Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Post Breakfast anxiety

[Bl...]

Hi buddies,

Hope you're all making progress.

I'm still struggling with mornings, even though things are gradually getting better. 

I felt good this morning on waking was able to lay in a little. Went down and made breakfast. Decafe tea, organic oats, blueberries and a little coconut oil. Feeling awful now, shaking and anxious, what's going on, any ideas? I don't have a problem with food at any other time, and these foods are low histamine. The only thing I can think of is the added B vitamins in the oatmilk.

[WU...]

I don't think it is the food. I'm like that every morning. I think it has more to do with the body fully waking up with a rush of hormones that just surge instead of gradually coming into play. Honestly wouldn't worry about the food you're eating, all sounds good and healthy to me. 

• Like 1

[Br...]

Morning anxiety is very common in withdrawal. @[WU...]'s explanation is very good.  I had the same awful anxiety after breakfast when I was in the thick of withdrawal.  For me, taking a moderate walk in nature helped discharge that anxious energy.  I had the same problem after every meal actually and doing some stretching like yoga was helpful.  After I realized there was a pattern it helped me a bit to understand the episode would pass.