Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Afib

[Th...]

Just about a year off Klonopin and I'm great full my pvcs haven calmed down but today I got my first episode of afib for about a min . Smh this sucks badly 😢 wtf did this bs do to my heart !?!?  

Edited by [Th...]

[ji...]

im still tapering klonopin and the worst symtom for me has been the very irregular heartbeats.  i went to the er a few weeks ago.  all heart tests came back normal after an abnormal ekg.  i also worry very much about whats going on with my heart during these episodes.  in the hospital they gave me atavan and thats when it returned to normal.  so i wonder when it happens again, what would i do, take a benzo?   ive had a really good year last year with my taper, but now all i do is try to keep my heart calm.  its all very hard to handle.   best wishes to you~~jill

[or...]

My heart palpitations came and went. I was a little worried as I have a pace-maker, but my tests were all good, so they wanted to give me a pill, can't recall the name.  Turned it down, the cardio was a bit peeved, I didn't care.  I am fine now, it only last a few weeks, maybe more, I've forgotten.  It happened during the time I was fiddling with my doses, couldn't decide on amount to take.  So I just held until I knew what I wanted as a dose, oregonlady.

Edited by [or...]

[Re...]

Hello @[Th...]!!

Congratulations for being off Klonopin for a year, this is a huge achievement!!
I am sorry you have been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. If you use the search function you will see quite a few of our members had to deal with this condition. 
I agree, these medications have a wide impact on many of our body functions and basic physiology. At least it seems like it. 
You did it very well that you looked for medical care. There are those conditions which, though might have been exacerbated by medication discontinuation, just need proper medical care, there is no other way. 
I am sure that if you further stay away from any stimulants and any substances and you continue the specific therapy, you will be able to deal with the condition. It is quite common in general, I believe. 
I am happy some Buddies already shared their experiences and hope more will add their stories. 

• Like 1