Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Severe case not healing

[fa...]
On 08/05/2024 at 15:37, [[W...] said:

I can’t believe this but I guess the reaction to probably the shampoo sent me into hell deeper I had ever known. I can’t keep going on like this. New symptoms came on, I am hysterical. I feel like I am on fire, immense pressures in my stomach, chest, throat. Severe vibrations. I just can’t. Now it feels like something wants to explode out of my chest. Before that my upper body was stinging and on fire. I had a short glimmer of hope in April and now I am worse than ever. Again. This will never end. My baby is turning one in two weeks and I am not sure I will make it until then. Omg. 

I had a very similar thing happen to me.  I've been off since October.  April was great. I took a vitmain B supplement and went downhill. Same exact symptoms as you

[fa...]
On 11/03/2024 at 02:54, [[W...] said:

I am not touching meds ever again :/ I went down that road after the Cipro and it just made me worse. Antidepressants have me full body burning attacks like I was on fire. Lyrica did not help and it gave me akathisia when I was withdrawing. 
But I was healing from that. It was the meds for infertility that did me in so badly. And then the antibiotic for a UTI. 

I have been tested for many things and nothing was ever positive, they tell me I am healthy. No Lyme, no rash, nothing. I got new symptoms right after the hormonal med and it all started spiralling from there on. Everything began as a mild sensation once in a while and over time all symptoms got worse and worse. 

I think I have some weird form of akathisia because yesterday the electricity got very bad and reached my legs pulsating down into them and I felt like jumping out of my skin. Today it’s back to electricity at the back of my neck, head pressure at the back of my head and paresthesia all over like a swarm of angry bees with itching, tingling and burning. But that compared to the pulsating electricity is more manageable. 

But why since then setback it’s all getting worse with time I have no idea. Too many meds, too much damage :( I remember the electricity began 2 months into my setback but it was mild and rare. Now it’s severe and I can feel it flowing down my back all the time, just the intensity changes. 

Could it have been the epidural?

[Wi...]
On 17/05/2024 at 21:42, [[f...] said:

Could it have been the epidural?

I was not given one, it was an emergency c-section.

56 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I was not given one, it was an emergency c-section.

Could it be the meds they gave you for the c-section, would that match the timeline?

[Mi...]

I am new to this site and only 10 days benzo, Ambien free.  I too have the electric shock feeling especially in the occipital area and into my brain.  I had MRI's, and I have seen a neurologist. I do have demyelination in my exterior pons, but they said it did not account for the pain.   I was given Baclofen, and it caused my symptoms to worsen significantly.  The Benzos and Ambien caused horrible pain in my occipital area and Seroquel triggers it too.  I know I have something called a Histamine Intolerance, and I believe Mast Cell Activation Syndrome.  You need a bone marrow test to rule out MCAS so I have never done it.  I cannot eat any fermented foods, eggs, dairy, and I react to smoke, chemicals etc..  Bottom line just sensitive.  Sometimes SIBO can activate Histamine Intolerance. SIBO is small intestine bacterial overgrowth.  You can get a breath test to do at home. There are diets to help a person heal from SIBO.  I went to Psychics to try to get answers since the medical field has no real answer for me.   I was told by one that my Vagas nerve is inflamed, probably other nerves too.  My monocytes are high which may be the result of inflammation from the medications and the stress of intolerable insomnia. I hear you and feel you.  I pray you find relief.  

[Le...]

things get better. all these thing you are experiencing are cause your body is very strained and they are having a greater effect. lots of things that would be mild irritants to you usually are affecting you more. everyday gets better

[Wi...]
10 hours ago, [[L...] said:

things get better. all these thing you are experiencing are cause your body is very strained and they are having a greater effect. lots of things that would be mild irritants to you usually are affecting you more. everyday gets better

I have had neuropathy for 4 years but it's getting worse just now ;/

• 1 month later...
[Ma...]

How are you now ? I’m the same but not functional at all. Most days bedridden couchridden from all muscle issues and weakness

• 4 weeks later...
[Wi...]

Same old story. I have been diagnosed with occipital neuralgia, have other nerve pains as well. I figured my tension is "just" a feeling, the muscles I feel it in are not tense. I do heave tension in my trapezius but it doesn't coincide with my flares. I found that many people diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy have pressure sensations like me. 

• 1 month later...

I went through very similar symptoms, with everything worsening as time passed. Things began to ease after five years for me so keep the faith. Google scholar has articles on cholingergic neuropathy which I think of as being a more severe form of what we go through.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2024 at 02:09, [[W...] said:

Same old story. I have been diagnosed with occipital neuralgia, have other nerve pains as well. I figured my tension is "just" a feeling, the muscles I feel it in are not tense. I do heave tension in my trapezius but it doesn't coincide with my flares. I found that many people diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy have pressure sensations like me. 

GO see a endocrinologist! Tell them about you're symptoms