Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Should I raise my taper dose

[Ca...]

I had been cold turkey'd at a rehab in 2018 from valium and subutec. I stayed off for two years in horrible withdrawal and then relapsed on tramadol for severe back pain and then the benzos. Two years ago I was taking Clonapin and Valium and found someone to taper me and started an all Valium taper at over 40 mgs. Taper rate is now one mg a month. I am down to 12 and have been in severe withdrawal during the taper.  This week, two days consecutively, I updosed to 16 mgs.

My cognitive symptoms are worse and my anxiety is up somewhat. I asked a benzo wise psychiatrist and also a benzo coach whether i should go to 16 and taper from there or try and continue the 12 mg taper. They each gave me a different answer. So far I have stayed at 12.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation? Even at 12 without the updose I started staying in bed all day and the 16 didnt get me up. Any thoughts on best recourse?

Thanks

[je...]

Hey @[Ca...]

I'm so sorry, it sounds like you've been through a terrible time. Can you please update your History as per the instructions below?

On 19/08/2023 at 09:12, [[P...] said:

Please fill in your medication history, taper details and any other pertinent information so others can provide the best feedback for your situation. 

Profile => Edit profile (top-right of profile banner) => Add succinct use/taper/withdrawal history to 'History' text box => click 'Save' (bottom-right).

Also, please create and use just one thread for your taper planning and adjustment support requests.  This helps you and the members who contribute to your thread see what others have suggested plus keeps the suggestions in one easy to find location.  It also allows you and others to learn about your taper planning and adjustment experience from start to finish. 

[je...]
2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Yes I did update my med profile as requested.

Thanks. Can you please have a look at mine to see how we need it done. I need doses and dates to see and calculate by how much you’ve been reducing please. 

[Ca...]

I have been reducing by a mg a month for about four months. I am at 12.2 and holding. Prior I was at 1.37 a month. Dr Halligan suggested I slow the taper to one half mg a month>

[je...]
On 10/03/2024 at 12:24, [[C...] said:

This week, two days consecutively, I updosed to 16 mgs

When did you updose to 16mg and what does it mean that you updosed 2 days consecutively?

3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I am at 12.2 and holding.

How do you get this dose? Liquid or shaving?

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand your taper history. And without the full picture it's difficult for me to help you.

[Ca...]

I tapered down from well over 40 using the jeweler scale and an emory board. I did list my taper history in my profile. Iam not functioning and unable to get out of bed during the day so I updose to try and sleep and it does not work. I hope that helps.