Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Calculation question

[kn...]

@[El...]I've found and purchased the scale you mentioned on Amazon.  It's on its way and should be here mid week.  You mentioned in your calculation instructions that if I wanted to decrease by 10% that I would need to shave each pill to that particular specification.  That's where I need a bit of help.  If I shave each 2mg pill to a 10% calculation, then would I be reducing the total amount by 10% or 20% all together (My routine is taking 2, 2mg pills in the AM)?  Or, should I shave each pill by 5% to get a total of a 10% reduction for both pills?  Thanks in advance.  No rush to reply.  I won't be doing anything until my scale gets here on Wed or Th of next week.   

[El...]

@[kn...]

In the calculations I did for you, we assumed your pill to be 2.000 grams.  If that is the case, then yes, you would cut each pill to 1.800 grams (2.000 × .9 = 1.800 grams...then for 2 pills 1.800 + 1.800 = 3.600 grams).  But, if your pill does not weigh 2.000 grams, take the average weight of 10 pills and multiply that weight by .9 for each pill reduction for an overall total reduction of of 10%.  After you get your scale, if you are confused just message me again, as you may have to do some rounding.

On a personal note, if it were me (and this is only me being cautious), I would probably do less than a 10% reduction to start giving you time to get used to this new method.  You can always speed up if you do not experience ill-effects.  But if you go fast initially, you will not know if you experiencing problems with your new method of cutting and weighing pills or you are experiencing just general withdrawal symptoms from reducing your dose. Just an idea!

Let me know how it goes.

• Like 2

[kn...]

Thanks so much.  So, if I wanted to do just 5% then I would multiply the weight of each pill by .5- correct?  Forgive me if I seem a bit dense at this point.  My WD after 30 years has left me a bit on the confused side.:idiot:

[El...]

I have also experienced that dreaded "brain fog", so I understand!

You would need to multiply the weight of your pill by 0.95 (0.5 would give you a 50% reduction).

Hope that helps!

[kn...]
Posted (edited)

Yikes!!! I'm glad I asked.  A 50% reduction could kill me!  Thanks.  You may have saved my life.:oops:(PS:  I looked back at your previous post and you already clarified that for me.)

Edited by [kn...]