Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I cant keep still today need positive proof support

[bu...]

Hi all, im struggling today. The nerve pain and the feeling of not being able to just sit still is a rough ride. 

I don't want this to be a thread where people tell me how bad they feel, too, as that's just triggering. I'm just looking for support and people who have gotten through this and can say that one day, you will feel still and calm and not have to keep moving all day.

my poor son gets little attention off me sometimes as i cant just be still with him. I forgive myself, i know im not to blame, the benzo is!

need a hug : (

• Like 2

[Ma...]

One day you will feel still and calm and not have to keep moving all day.

You’ll also be operating on such a higher level that you won’t.look.back!!

Just be patient, practice staying in the present moment as that is all you need to manage.

Just this moment, just this breath.

• Like 1

@[bu...], hi)

Sure you'll feel still and calm one day. I can say how it was with me. One wonderful evening, while washing up, i suddenly realized i felt calm. It was a long forgotten wonderful sensation. It didn't mean the wd was over, no, it's still here but it's much easier to cope with the rest of symptoms when exactly this one is gone for good)

Good luck to you!) Believe it or not we're healing

• Like 1

[or...]

Sending hugs @[bu...],  I seem to have accepted my wd sxs and I feel very good about that, but also, I know the end of it is in sight.  I just believe, and don't lose hope.  I believe in what my peers tell me here on BB, if they can do it, so can I ;)

I am showing so many signs of healing, I have no reason to lie to you, it's happening even before I'm finished my taper, oregonlady :hug:

• Like 1

[bu...]
2 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Sending hugs @[bu...],  I seem to have accepted my wd sxs and I feel very good about that, but also, I know the end of it is in sight.  I just believe, and don't lose hope.  I believe in what my peers tell me here on BB, if they can do it, so can I ;)

I am showing so many signs of healing, I have no reason to lie to you, it's happening even before I'm finished my taper, oregonlady :hug:

ow wow that gives me hope thanks, i really hope i get better as i taper, im doing it very slow, like you cant get any slower lol.  as much asi tell myself this is all withdrawal i sometimes think maybe its not and i will be in pain forever. its a lie i know!

• Like 1

[La...]

Know that you will get through this day.  Take time to simply let yourself be.  Life is imperfect.  Deep breaths today.  Hold on.  I know that you will prevail. 

• Like 2

[La...]

Thanks Colin! 
maybe it's due to confusion, or being 61 and feeling rather dim when it comes to technology, but I wish I knew how to use this valuable site better.   Is there help to learn how to?

I am presently tapering off a cocktail of .5 mg of chlonepin, .5 mg of Xanax and 15 mg of temazepam.   So far I'm half way off the first two benzos.   I started having burning skin about 3 months into my taper.   I found this forum by accident and am so happy that I did.  Reading everyone's stories has been enlightening and deeply helpful.  I am grateful.  
my plan is to continue tapering/shaving pills ever so slowly, leaving the temazepam alone until I'm free of the other two.  I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has ever been on the multiple benzo cocktail that I've been on for the past 15 years.  
Thank you!

[PE...]

I had bad anakthasia (not able to be still) for a long time but slowly it subsided! I really thought I was stuck in it. It WILL get better for you to :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[b...] said:

oh i bet that felt so new and nice. id give a finger lol to feel what calm is. people assume I'm calm because I'm still, but I'm not inside.  so are you calm still? For some reason, when the anxiety lessons and the other symptoms ramp up I assume is not healing but just jumping through symptoms.

Yes i've caught the inside calmness) It seems to be permanent. Just my usual self as a couple of years ago, before the benzo tolerance, the tapering and the acute. The other symptoms also seem to be subsiding and i don't have them everyday. But first months i had it all up to my roof) Sure i can be worried now and have my waves and upticks of pain. I'm still healing:sick: as all of us)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

did you taper off the med/s or cold turkey? its going to take a year for me to taper off : (, i hope i get some relief before the end

I tapered for about 6+ months and it wasn't easy, to be honest. But i did get a bit better at the end of the taper. So it's possible) Good luck to you!) The bumpy road  leads to LIFE. Wish you strength to walk it to recovery!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[or...]
21 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Know that you will get through this day.  Take time to simply let yourself be.  Life is imperfect.  Deep breaths today.  Hold on.  I know that you will prevail. 

Welcome, glad your are here @[La...] :balloon: