Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Swtich from pill to sol highly unstable.

[Ra...]

Hi All

On 14 feb i switch from 3mg paxil which i took every 3rd day( as per said psychiatricist ) to 1ml paxil home-made solution .

I mix 20mg in 20ml water and take 1ml.  After 15 days i develop terror. 

Todays is my 25 days of paxil sol. Highly unstable. Internal akathisia 

Should i switch to back to pill at same dose 1mg after 25 days ?

Yesterday i filled my syringe without stirring sol, to be surprise,i wake up without terror/ internal akathisia.

@[je...] @[or...] @[or...]

Edited by [Ra...]

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)

My history :

Helooo i am new here in july 2023 before six months i feel fastness in my body and behaviour i consult with my psychiatrist he gave me mixture of prozac and olanzapine then after three days i become restless and became suicidal due to restlessness  i immediately quit then my dr gave sertaline and olanzapine then after 20 days my panic attack start and ocd became severe my dr told me about cold turkey and i did because i did not know about tapering but then hell start my worst panic attack or akathisia idk start which last almost till evening then my dr gave lexapro which hit as a blast and i told my mother i want to die nothing did help me no one benzo calm me intense panic and restlessness then my dr gave kolonopin and paxil which stop restlessness and panic attack immediately i feel relief then after three days i feel inner agitation like someone pour poison inside my body or like insect eating my body from inside but panic attack stop which is a big relief but agitation not leting me rest i told my dr he said thats is anxiety i told him thats is not anxiety he did not listen me and contine my prescription but told me to cut the pill half which coated and i did that my agitation became less then my dr told me take 1/4 i took it then agitation still present but became very calm then dr told me i think u have bipolar disorder and precribe lamictal and seroquel which i not took because i had history of anxiety disorder and depression i use paxil cr in 2021 when mother diagnose with mets cancer  and prozac and olanzapine  in 2018 when i became suicidal which was my first episode 

now my dr tell me to take 1/4 paxil coated pill every other day and then every second day and quit and take lamictal and seroquel when i take pill every second day then hell broke intense physical pain which last only three days then intnese restlessness start and ocd i also mention here that i also take 0.5 kolonopin at night

Now on 14 feb i switch to sol from Pill,and internal terror/akathisia start. 

@[je...]  @[or...]

•  

Edited by [Ra...]

[Li...]

Hello @[Ra...]. I’m sorry you’re having issues with your homemade liquid.  Given that Paxil is an antidepressant, might I suggest that you contact the folks at Surviving Antidepressants (SA) with your questions?  Here’s a link to SA’s tipsheet on Paxil to help you get started:

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine) - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forums/topic/405-tips-for-tapering-off-paxil-paroxetine/

FYI If you’re in the US, a Paxil oral suspension is available via prescription:

DailyMed - PAXIL- paroxetine hydrochloride suspension PAXIL
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=584ace29-6e40-432f-950f-ab7e98653d32

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Hello @[Ra...]. I’m sorry you’re having issues with your homemade liquid.  Given that Paxil is an antidepressant, might I suggest that you contact the folks at Surviving Antidepressants (SA) with your questions?  Here’s a link to SA’s tipsheet on Paxil to help you get started:

Tips for tapering off Paxil (paroxetine) - Tapering - Surviving Antidepressants
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/forums/topic/405-tips-for-tapering-off-paxil-paroxetine/

FYI If you’re in the US, a Paxil oral suspension is available via prescription:

DailyMed - PAXIL- paroxetine hydrochloride suspension PAXIL
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=584ace29-6e40-432f-950f-ab7e98653d32

@[Li...] i have joined SA, they guided me to switch on sol form and on regular doses.there are moderators are few,while numbers of members are high.THey are highly cooperative.

Here i see few members who are from SA, but not active on SA and had been experienced similar AD withdrawals, tapering. 

Second the withdrawals and  process of tapering of benzo and antidepressant are almost similar. 

Thanks libertas

Edited by [Ra...]

[or...]

hi @[re...], so I got a little confused, but are you tapering just the Paxil, or the .5 Klonopin as well?  I think you are taking the K to try to offset the Paxil wd sxs?

You had gone off all your past 'scripts right?  A little more history of tapers, or Cold turkeys would be helpful here I think, if you could manage that.  The more we know, the more we can possibly help you, oregonlady :hug:

I didn't trust the home-made liquid I made, so I stuck with my dry-tapering my tablets of Clonazepam/Klonopin. I felt it was more accurate, and I just felt more secure with my original type of tablets I took for many years.

I'm guessing only, but you want to eventually go off the K as well?

Just basically what you took before, how long?

What you cold-turkeyed and when, how long ago?

[Ra...]
3 hours ago, [[R...] said:

My history :

Helooo i am new here in july 2023 before six months i feel fastness in my body and behaviour i consult with my psychiatrist he gave me mixture of prozac and olanzapine then after three days i become restless and became suicidal due to restlessness  i immediately quit then my dr gave sertaline and olanzapine then after 20 days my panic attack start and ocd became severe my dr told me about cold turkey and i did because i did not know about tapering but then hell start my worst panic attack or akathisia idk start which last almost till evening then my dr gave lexapro which hit as a blast and i told my mother i want to die nothing did help me no one benzo calm me intense panic and restlessness then my dr gave kolonopin and paxil which stop restlessness and panic attack immediately i feel relief then after three days i feel inner agitation like someone pour poison inside my body or like insect eating my body from inside but panic attack stop which is a big relief but agitation not leting me rest i told my dr he said thats is anxiety i told him thats is not anxiety he did not listen me and contine my prescription but told me to cut the pill half which coated and i did that my agitation became less then my dr told me take 1/4 i took it then agitation still present but became very calm then dr told me i think u have bipolar disorder and precribe lamictal and seroquel which i not took because i had history of anxiety disorder and depression i use paxil cr in 2021 when mother diagnose with mets cancer  and prozac and olanzapine  in 2018 when i became suicidal which was my first episode 

now my dr tell me to take 1/4 paxil coated pill every other day and then every second day and quit and take lamictal and seroquel when i take pill every second day then hell broke intense physical pain which last only three days then intnese restlessness start and ocd i also mention here that i also take 0.5 kolonopin at night

Now on 14 feb i switch to sol from Pill,and internal terror/akathisia start. 

@[je...] 

•  

@[or...] my history

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[o...] said:

hi @[re...], so I got a little confused, but are you tapering just the Paxil, or the .5 Klonopin as well?  I think you are taking the K to try to offset the Paxil wd sxs?

You had gone off all your past 'scripts right?  A little more history of tapers, or Cold turkeys would be helpful here I think, if you could manage that.  The more we know, the more we can possibly help you, oregonlady :hug:

I didn't trust the home-made liquid I made, so I stuck with my dry-tapering my tablets of Clonazepam/Klonopin. I felt it was more accurate, and I just felt more secure with my original type of tablets I took for many years.

I'm guessing only, but you want to eventually go off the K as well?

Just basically what you took before, how long?

What you cold-turkeyed and when, how long ago?

@[or...]

@[Pa...]

Yes i am tapering paxil, and taking kolonopin for symptoms offset

I mention my whole history above

No i do want to taper kolonopin now. 

My mean question is i am on paxil home-made solution from prevoius 25 days 

If now i back swtich to pill form does akathisia resolve??? 

Will after 25days swtiching back to pill be save??? 

Edited by [Ra...]
  • Like 1

[or...]

Ok, I have it straight now @[Ra...], I think it's important you seek out, like Libertas mentioned, people that are tapering Paxil-type drugs.  I'm sure if you are patient (as you can be) someone on that SA board will have more info for you.

I do know there are people here that have taken different type of meds, but the BB admins/mods want us to stick with what we know, and that is our benzo experiences.  I myself know nothing at all about Paxil Type drugs, so I couldn't help with that at all.

People are definitely here for you when you are ready to taper your benzo, I wish I could help you more, but I do believe very small tapers of any drug at all, are best and see how your body speaks to you about it, bigger tapers are not always what our bodies can handle, oregonlady :hug:

Edited by [or...]

[je...]

Hi @[Ra...]

unfortunately I know nothing about tapering antidepressants. The best would be to follow @[Li...] advice and get input from Surviving Antidepressants. 

[Ra...]
6 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @[Ra...]

unfortunately I know nothing about tapering antidepressants. The best would be to follow @[Li...] advice and get input from Surviving Antidepressants. 

@[je...] thank you. I ask for help with little hope,that someone knowledge do work for me. 

Anyway the process for both are same. 

Last year i quit benzo CT, with zero withdrawals. 

But antidepressants are more worse then benzo