Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Used one taper dose 10 days after quitting and I feel like I just undid my progress

[Ma...]

Was a shortish term user of Valium. Over the course of 2 months. I used about .4mg per day on average. So 50 5 mg tabs in total. I stopped pretty much cold turkey when a disturbing side effect began. I saw a doctor about my symptoms and she prescribed Klonapin. However, I decided to keep them only as an option. But after researching, I decided they were too similar to Valium to take. But 5 days out and only one day of sleep, I decided to take the .75mg dose. I got my sleep rolling with no new pronounced withdraws. But decided not to do any more. That is, until 10 days out when I had a weak night and took 1mg of Klon. I read so much about tapering and it was recommended by the doc so that was my reasoning in taking the dose. It produced a very different reaction 2 days later. Terrible withdraw symptoms almost as bad as day one kicked in. For 2 days I felt like hell. Day 4 from that and I feel a little bit better. Did I totally screw up my progress and should I just consider this day 4 of my recovery? I want to just deduct 5 days and call it about the equivalent of day 9. Any positive input for me? If you have a downer thought, maybe best not to tell me. I appreciate you!

Edited by [Ma...]

[wi...]

You’re going to be good. Sounds  like your leveling off . I wouldn’t take it again though. Don’t risk it. 

There are other things besides this poison people sometimes take to help sleep. I’m sure if you go to the insomnia section you’ll be able to find some suggestions.

[Ma...]
15 hours ago, [[w...] said:

You’re going to be good. Sounds  like your leveling off . I wouldn’t take it again though. Don’t risk it. 

There are other things besides this poison people sometimes take to help sleep. I’m sure if you go to the insomnia section you’ll be able to find some suggestions.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I feel anxious and still haven't slept in days. Been getting the jerks really bad preventing sleep. Decided to rest full time but my body just became anxious and restless to do that. I feel trapped. I can't think of any good answers and I don't feel too leveled off. I have lots of natural sleep aids. I'm trying everything but no end in site. Sorry to burden you with this. Wish so much I hadn't taken that last dose. Been so messed up since, I just feel hopeless

[wi...]

Not a burden at all.  This is super hard and what you're feeling is par for the course.  You're in acute withdrawal, there is going to be little rest to be had.  DO you have anyone to support you who can be with you if you need?

[Ta...]

I had a severe "acute" episode a few days ago because of chamomile. It was horrible, but I got out of it. I took 100 mg gabapentin, some DAO, drank 2 cups chamomile with 2 tea bags, and one cup of unfiltered cranberry juice (for nitric oxide.) Then I soaked in an Epsom salt & baking soda bath as warm as I could stand it for 45 minutes, and acute was gone. It appears that I'm addicted to chamomile now, but I will have to deal with that after getting off of lorazepam (at .375 now.)

[Er...]

I woke up 3 times last night and each time I turned on a sleep story (very calming soft voice telling a relaxing guided imagery type story). I found it on a meditation app. I have major insomnia issues (am tapering) and believe it or not I fell back asleep each time shortly after turning it on (very low volume so that I can barely hear or make out the words). It kept my mind from going elsewhere. Just one more thing to try. Seems to help me from getting too anxious.