Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pill reading

[El...]

@[Ra...] I am not sure I understand your question.  If you are taking a 1 mg pill, it probably weighs much more than 1 mg.  Most pills weigh about 10× more because of fillers, binders, coatings etc.  So, if you weigh your pill it may weigh nearly 1 gram.  If you have a 0.001 gram scale and the pill does weigh 1 gram, you would read the 1.000 grams. It might weigh, for example, 0.998 grams.  That is what you would see on your scale and what you would read.

Am I understanding your question correctly?

[Ra...]
24 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Sorry I didn't tapet. Lots of oeople hete to help you..

@[ne...] i just ask because you had gone through this process

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Ra...] I am not sure I understand your question.  If you are taking a 1 mg pill, it probably weighs much more than 1 mg.  Most pills weigh about 10× more because of fillers, binders, coatings etc.  So, if you weigh your pill it may weigh nearly 1 gram.  If you have a 0.001 gram scale and the pill does weigh 1 gram, you would read the 1.000 grams. It might weigh, for example, 0.998 grams.  That is what you would see on your scale and what you would read.

Am I understanding your question correctly?

@[El...]

Sorry, by mistake i wrote 1mg. 

My pill weigh is 20mg, i was taking 1ml paxil solution(home-made) ,now i wanted to dry taper because liquid taper worsening my symptoms.

How i take reading of 1mg from 20mg pill on jewel scale. 

Our pill weigh is in mg, scale measure in gram and carat etc i then how can we take measurement of mg pill

Edited by [Ra...]

[Ta...]

I didn't use a scale, Sweetie, I crushed up the pill and mixed it with liquid, and then measured it in a liquid syringe. Then took out however much I wanted to cut. ❤️

[El...]

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you could be asking one of two questions.

1.  Are you saying that your pill weighs 20 mg or 0.020 grams on your scale?  If that is the case, and you only want to take 1 mg, you would need to weigh out 0.001 grams (1 mg) on your scale.  The problem I see is that if you have a jeweler's scale, while theoretically it can weigh to 0.001 grams (1 mg), in reality its accuracy is approximately +/-0.002-0.003 grams (+/- 2-3 mg).  It will be difficult to consistently weigh with any accuracy 1 mg.

2.  Or are you saying that you want to reduce 1 mg from your 20 mg pill?  If that is the case, subtract by: 0.020 - 0.001 = 0.019 grams (read on your scale) or 19 mg. Again, this will be 0.019 grams +/- 0.002-0.003 grams.

Does that help?

• Like 1

[Ra...]
2 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you could be asking one of two questions.

1.  Are you saying that your pill weighs 20 mg or 0.020 grams on your scale?  If that is the case, and you only want to take 1 mg, you would need to weigh out 0.001 grams (1 mg) on your scale.  The problem I see is that if you have a jeweler's scale, while theoretically it can weigh to 0.001 grams (1 mg), in reality its accuracy is approximately +/-0.002-0.003 grams (+/- 2-3 mg).  It will be difficult to consistently weigh with any accuracy 1 mg.

2.  Or are you saying that you want to reduce 1 mg from your 20 mg pill?  If that is the case, subtract by: 0.020 - 0.001 = 0.019 grams (read on your scale) or 19 mg. Again, this will be 0.019 grams +/- 0.002-0.003 grams.

Does that help?

@[El...] yes i want 1 mg from 20mg, 

Yes it is very helpfull. 

Thank you so much 

[Ra...]
5 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I didn't use a scale, Sweetie, I crushed up the pill and mixed it with liquid, and then measured it in a liquid syringe. Then took out however much I wanted to cut. ❤️

@[Ta...] @[El...]

i am doing same, but crash with worst symptoms 

I am using  20ml water for 20mg tablet and take 1ml solution from syringe. 

You use water?? 

[Ta...]

I use plant milk. It's thicker and the drug mixes more evenly I find. Hope you are alright. 💕

[Ra...]
17 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I use plant milk. It's thicker and the drug mixes more evenly I find. Hope you are alright. 💕

@[Ta...] what ratio you are using. I crash with akathisia. 

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)

@[Ta...]  i mean how much milk (ml) you using? 

Weigh of your pill? Which you are mixing in milk. 

How much milk you take in syringe?  I mean current dosage?? 

Edited by [Ra...]

[Ra...]

@[Ta...]I am using  20ml water for 20mg tablet and take 1ml solution from syringe. 

my ratio is 20mg pill:20ml water 

My current dose is one ml. 

I take one ml in syringe. 

I think water does not mixing tablet correctly. 

After switching to solution form i crash with akathisia. 

What do you think if i switch back to pill akathisia can resolve.?

[Ta...]

Right now I'm at .375 mg. So I take 3/4 of the .5 pill because I'm holding. So I'm eating the dry pill. But when I cut (soon) I'll use the syringe. 

I don't know about going back to the dry pill if the akathesia will resolve. For me, the akathesia had to do with too much serotonin. Increasing nitric oxide reduces serotonin very quickly for me. Things like beet root juice or extract and grape seed extract can  increase nitric oxide pretty quickly. I use cranberry and tart cherry juices and organic blueberries to increase N.O. and akathesia resolves! Also, humming, then breath thru your nose, then exhale slowly thru your mouth, and N.O. will increase.

This lowers serotonin and resolved akathesia for me very quickly.

[Ra...]
Just now, [[T...] said:

Right now I'm at .375 mg. So I take 3/4 of the .5 pill because I'm holding. So I'm eating the dry pill. But when I cut (soon) I'll use the syringe. 

I don't know about going back to the dry pill if the akathesia will resolve. For me, the akathesia had to do with too much serotonin. Increasing nitric oxide reduces serotonin very quickly for me. Things like beet root juice or extract and grape seed extract can  increase nitric oxide pretty quickly. I use cranberry and tart cherry juices and organic blueberries to increase N.O. and akathesia resolves! Also, humming, then breath thru your nose, then exhale slowly thru your mouth, and N.O. will increase.

This lowers serotonin and resolved akathesia for me very quickly.

@[Ta...] thank you so much. 

Do you know anyone in forum who is using water and syringe or who is good in calculations and math??? 

[Ta...]

I can't think of anyone, but usually people will start to write in and offer help. Colin is really smart. Maybe he can help..

Sending love to you, Honey. Time for bed. Good night 😴

[Ra...]
2 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I can't think of anyone, but usually people will start to write in and offer help. Colin is really smart. Maybe he can help..

Sending love to you, Honey. Time for bed. Good night 😴

@[Ta...] thank you so much. ❤

Sweet dreams. 

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[Ta...]I am using  20ml water for 20mg tablet and take 1ml solution from syringe. 

my ratio is 20mg pill:20ml water 

My current dose is one ml. 

I take one ml in syringe. 

I think water does not mixing tablet correctly. 

After switching to solution form i crash with akathisia. 

What do you think if i switch back to pill akathisia can resolve.?

@[Co...] @[El...]

I need your help

Edited by [Ra...]