Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What dose did you jump off k? A little faster than I wanted to do

[Je...]

I’ve been on for 18 years, I’ve CTd, rapid taper, etc. this taper has gone smooth but I have to go a little faster than I want. I’m down to 0.5mg from 4mg. Very grateful ! I take propranalol for a fast heart arrhythmia so it helps withdrawal symptoms a TON! Still have random panic attacks, random dizziness, OCD but I am grateful nonetheless! I live in an extremely rural place; I can NOT find another doctor - my GP is working with me kind of. So she wants me off by June, she says if I’m not off by then I can use remaining pills to get myself off but she won’t write anymore and I can’t argue, might be able to get an extra script but idk. So 0.5mg, wants me off in 3-4 months. It seems possible to me as I’m approaching this positive instead of negative and doom and all that. What dose did you jump? I dose 3x a day btw. It works great for me as I have interdose withdrawal 

[je...]

You have done so well to go from 4mg to 0.5mg. And you should be proud! Why is your doctor rushing you now? 

The lower numbers often become more difficult unfortunately. I think 4 months might be pushing it. I would hate to see your doctor undo the hard work you’ve put in. I jumped at 0.025mg to answer your question. Most people seem to jump somewhere between 0-0.05mg. 

[Je...]

I have no options, I’m gonna draw it out as long as I possibly can. My doctor died this is the only doctor within 60 miles so I have to try … I have an entire extra prescription of 30 pills so I might be able to to draw it out

[je...]

Oh I see. I'm so sorry. I understand. If you have no other option, then you have to make it work. It will likely be uncomfortable, but you'll be okay. :hug:

[Je...]

I’m def gonna try to save pills to make an extra month! It’s great to have the support here. Thanks so much 

• Like 1

[Ma...]

If your taper has gone pretty smoothly so far, you can do this.  Not everyone needs to go very slowly and 4 months MAY be ok.  Not easy but doable.  It’s a little fast but getting off .5K in 4 months is still within the realm of the Ashton manual which was successful for 90% of the people she treated with her protocol.  Best of luck, it IS unfortunate your doc won’t let you take it at your own pace.