Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I have 4 months to get off of 0.4mg of K, is this safe?

[Je...]

I have tapered all the way down from 4 mg daily to 0.4 right now. I dose three times a day. I keep being told that I need 10 months to get off at least and it’s really stressing me out because I only have four months left I don’t have the option of another doctor. I don’t have the option of a compounding pharmacy or anything like that at all. It’s not a thing where I live, so I have managed to save enough pills to have an extra month to two months of pills. My doctor wants me off by June. I’m assuming realistically I will be off by August I’m just trying to understand why this would be way too fast? I’m cutting about 8-10 percent every 14 days.. but I know I need to get off sooner than later…  my most recent cut went from 0.188grams to 0.167grams I don’t know how big that reduction was… 

[je...]

I replied to your other your other post as well. I can only share my experience and I know everyone is different. Usually you can make bigger cuts at higher doses. But it becomes more difficult at the lower numbers. It certainly was for me. I tried to speed up my taper when I was around 0.3mg. Usually I could taper at 7.5%. I tried to increase to 10% but it did not work at all. I couldn’t even handle a 2.5% increase.  It was really bad. 

It took me a year to go from just over 0.3mg to jump. Some people can definitely go faster but I know many go slower as well. 

I think you will be safe but I think you might be struggling. 

[Co...]

I agree with Jelly, I think it is safe but you might be struggeling.

[Je...]
7 hours ago, [[j...] said:

I replied to your other your other post as well. I can only share my experience and I know everyone is different. Usually you can make bigger cuts at higher doses. But it becomes more difficult at the lower numbers. It certainly was for me. I tried to speed up my taper when I was around 0.3mg. Usually I could taper at 7.5%. I tried to increase to 10% but it did not work at all. I couldn’t even handle a 2.5% increase.  It was really bad. 

It took me a year to go from just over 0.3mg to jump. Some people can definitely go faster but I know many go slower as well. 

I think you will be safe but I think you might be struggling. 

I apologize I can’t find my other post lol

[je...]
1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

I apologize I can’t find my other post lol