Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Disintegrating Wafers

[Fo...]

Has anybody tried a water taper with disintegrating wafers?  I am currently prescribed 1mg of clonazepam 3x daily.  I wanted to begin a micro-taper, but have not found any information on if this can be accomplished with disintegrating wafers.  I have tried to make small cuts using a scale when prescribed regular tablets and could not make much, if any, progress.  Appreciate any feedback.

[Fo...]

For clarification I am currently prescribed ODT’s. Apologize for any confusion my wording or the use of word wafer may have caused.

[Li...]

@[Fo...] I’m headed out to an appointment so must be brief.  If you wish to learn how other members have used clonazepam ODTs to taper, you could begin by entering ODT or Orally Disintegrating Tablet in the search box (be sure the ‘search everywhere’ option is selected). 

On 07/03/2024 at 09:38, [[F...] said:

Has anybody tried a water taper with disintegrating wafers?  I am currently prescribed 1mg of clonazepam 3x daily.  I wanted to begin a micro-taper, but have not found any information on if this can be accomplished with disintegrating wafers

Hi ForMyKids,

I think your provider is great to get you on the ODT form.  I switched and found it much easier to reduce as the doses The ODT come in .25mg and .125 mg.  I tried both and found the smallest size helps me even out my taper, eg., taking  eight .125mg tablets for 1 mg clonazepam then dropping a tablet on one of my doses.  I do best if I don’t do more than 10% a month. I use the pill splitting link to figure out how much I’m cutting https://benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-withdrawal-methods/direct-taper/

[Fo...]

Thank you @[...] I’m not sure if my doctor will consider the lower dose tablets. It is something I intend to ask thanks to your reply.