Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

things getting worse 8 months off

[st...]

feel like someone is stabbing me with ice all over my body. and theres this significant tension in my spinal cord and brain. feels like my mouth is being dipped in acid.

cant play guitar anymore and all i want to do is take showers and watch mindless tv. i feel like my life is over . everyday feels like im in a airplane with a bunch of turbulence. afraid of the next time the plane gets flown around from the changes in air pressure. never knowing the next time my body will strike a ungodly horridic symptoms upon me. whether its chemical anxiety, muscle spams , bitter taste in mouth, electricty shooting down my arms. so fucking painful. 

is this really all withdrawal ? ive had so many tests done but i just keep feeling like something else is goiing wrong. I'm so scared and I don't know how to keep going. 

Edited by [st...]
  • Like 1

[ns...]
1 hour ago, [[s...] said:

feel like someone is stabbing me with ice all over my body. and theres this significant tension in my spinal cord and brain. feels like my mouth is being dipped in acid.

cant play guitar anymore and all i want to do is take showers and watch mindless tv. i feel like my life is over . everyday feels like im in a airplane with a bunch of turbulence. afraid of the next time the plane gets flown around from the changes in air pressure. never knowing the next time my body will strike a ungodly horridic symptoms upon me. whether its chemical anxiety, muscle spams , bitter taste in mouth, electricty shooting down my arms. so fucking painful. 

is this really all withdrawal ? ive had so many tests done but i just keep feeling like something else is goiing wrong. I'm so scared and I don't know how to keep going. 

Hi starmanBB, so sorry to hear your still going thru so much.

I know it's really miserable and it feels like there must be something else going on but I'm pretty sure these symptoms are withdrawal symptoms. These symptoms sound a lot like mine and they can be really scary if you focus too much. Mindless TV, yes I know the drill. 

I watch Emma on YouTube with therapy in a nutshell and trey Jones anxiety, also pain free you. I look fir anything that will help me and positive shows.

Some are cooking, homesteading, home restoration but most are therapy type shows and sermons.

It's hard to change our focus when we're in the middle of it, I know but it Truly seems to be the only answer to pushing thru it. Changing your mind Changing your focus,getting out doing exposure therapy, getting on social media, although it can be triggering if your in the wrong ones. Find positive things to watch and do.

I know it's hard but try to remember that your brain is in the process of healing, changes are taking place and it's important to feed your brain positive happy educational experiences and content. It takes time, patience and dedication. This is the hardest thing I've ever done and I'm 65 yrs old, but I know I have no choice. I have to get thru this and come out better than before. I need this win! My grandchildren need their Grammy back smiling and making cookies and taking them shopping, watching movies together and having sleep overs, so set your mind in healing ok, on however long or short of a time it takes, think healing!

You owe it to yourself at least and it's hard, it's painful but benzos lie! They lie and try to steal from us. But, now that I know this I know I'm going to win and so are u!

Ck out those programs ok I think u could benefit from them, I know I have.

Take care Ns 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Nu...]

Well said, @[ns...]. Best reply you'll get.

We can become numb. Total apathy. Nothing gave me pleasure in life... for years. All I could do was watch TV and be miserable. You may be there now, but you won't be there in the future.

• Like 1