Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Split my dose- 1/2 in morning 1/2 at night

I have been holding at .25mg for almost 3months.  I am still feeling my emotions are blunted- ex. I don’t feel hunger , tiredness, fully- it’s there but I can’t “feel” it properly. DP/ etc.  I tried splitting my dose yesterday.  I felt spacey all day and when I took my night dose - same thing.  Should I give it more time?  This feeling almost makes me feel worse.  I’ve been weaning now almost 5 6 years with reinstatement 2x.  Waiting to stabilize 

[Li...]

Hello @[...].  Why did you split your dose?  Were you experiencing interdose withdrawal?

By splitting your dose, you have lowered the concentration of drug in blood plasma.  So it may take a bit for your body to adjust to this.

As you probably know, dosing twice a day versus once a day smooths out the peaks and valleys in drug concentration.  The peaks are slightly lower and the valleys are slightly higher.

No- I don’t believe so - during my time last November I was tapering to .25 fmg from .5mg the whole year - I think I went a bit too fast getting down to .25mg , I started having symptoms again of extreme DP/ emotional blunting , dizziness . I was scared so I just decided to hold and wait for most of those symptoms to pass ( they usually do) .  Still have them albeit not quite so bad as then - but still pretty intense- waiting this out has been so hard this time around- so I decided to try to split the .25 mg dose in 2 instead of just taking at night.  But as I stated. It made me feel really out of it yesterday.  Did not like the feeling at all .