Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

stress-induced waves

[Ka...]

I may have asked about this before but How long have you had stress-induced waves when the stress is major one? Mine is a couple of days most of the time when my stress is minor, but this time my stress was too much, so I could not stop looping thoughts along with a huge irritation, then it"s been over 10 days, and symptoms are much worse than usual and start to intensify from evenings. Anyone has such a long wave due to stress? Hope someone can relate to this. Thank you.

Edited by [Ka...]

[Ti...]

YUP i've experienced 4 or so stressed induced waves since coming off benzos. I'm now 19 months off. The first two were Horrendous. lasted a couple weeks and the symptoms came on fast but dropped off slowly. The last wave I had came on slow and rapidly left. i also was cycling in and out of symptoms SO fast. One hour pacing with anxiety and Aka, then an hour later i'd be sleeping in bed knocked out and so tired. and then in the evening i'd feel mentally clear, but a few physical symptoms (tinnitus at evening time) <- doable though. during a wave if all i have is tinnitus and jaw pain in the evening i consider that a WIN and a window of that day. I have also noticed depending on what has triggered the flare up of symptoms correlates with the length OR intensity of symptoms. BUT I will also say that as I move further from my JUMP Date, the more STEADY I feel in waves. EVEN if i'm pacing, there is this strength I feel that I know i'll feel better, and that my body is not completely in absolute dysregulation. I feel a sense of a firmer foundation.  

so - this is all to say - be encouraged. That as life happens, and stress occurs. It is an opportunity for your body to show you what it can do, and how it can heal even IN adversity. Yes, you are feeling symptoms but that does not take away any of the healing that has occurred.  set backs induced by something we take (Alcohol, benzos, antibiotics) are a different scenario, and does effect healing, thus why it's a set back versus a Flare up. 

Edited by [Ti...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ka...]
Posted (edited)

Thank you,Tikvah.  I think why is it so horrible this time is I got caught up in additional stress before the stress induced wave fades out…caught a cold, went to see a new doctor and family stress. I’m hoping my gaba receptors functions fully enough to get back to my baseline soon. 

Edited by [Ka...]

[Ka...]

I am trying to conceive myself that the bigger stress is, the longer a wave is as someone else said,too, that said, no windows makes me feel restless, scared and panic. I can not do what I did a few days ago, even sitting still and watching my fave dramas is difficult.

[Pa...]

The stress of stress producing waves increases our stress making it a vicious cycle, it feels like we can't win.  I think it makes sense that the stronger the stress, the stronger the wave but even so, it will eventually fade and you'll be back to your baseline.  I just wish the hopeless feelings didn't accompany it every time. 

• Love 1

[Ka...]

Thank you always, Pamster. Symptoms are getting worse and longer. Can’t get ride it out. 

[Ka...]
13 hours ago, [[P...] said:

What are your symptoms @[Ka...], are they new ones or intensified old ones?

It’s shallow breath again, Pamster. These days it is noticeable when stress strikes me. Two days ago it was manageable finally and yesterday I was better after horrible two weeks but today worse again. Maybe it is because stress was multiple. I’m scared of tomorrow. 

[Pa...]

Oh, I hated that one so much, I felt like I had an elephant camped out on my chest!  I would try and try to take a deep breath but couldn't, I'm so sorry you're dealing with that, I know its scary and uncomfortable.

• Love 1