Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

19 months free, I'm suffering badly

[Sc...]

Emotional numbness or some dead like feeling where I cannot feel normal or talk properly. 

Chest pain, I get mini attack like symptoms and rest of the time I gasp for breath. 

Stomach issues which doesn't allow me to eat a slightly spicy food item. I have lost a lot of weight. 

I'm feeling miserable. Particularly the emotional numbness part. 

[Ma...]

So very sorry @[Sc...] The anhedonia is brutal.

For a very long time I received no joy from the items in my home. I moved every 2 years growing up and about a dozen times in adulthood. Around the US, overseas; my sister has moved every 3 years to different countries around the globe, my parents-whatever-my point being, my home tells my story. Everything evokes better days, passions and joy. Joy, joy, joy.

1 day I decided I had to practice ‘non attachment’, I had to ignore it. I had to give myself space and time. I had to put my focus elsewhere and this has helped tremendously. And a lot of the feelings resurface and when they do, I just smile.

You know the adage, control what you can and surrender the rest? Surrender what you cannot control right now and focus on what you can: diet, hydrating, rest….

I find the box breathing, slowing everything down helps with my breathing, I just have to remember to do it. And don’t focus on it. Watch your breath-in, observe, hold. Slowly breathe out, observe. Relax your muscles.

It will all come back. You will be okay.

Edited by [Ma...]

[Ma...]

I hope you remember to keep wishing and dreaming of your life to come too.

I was just speaking with my dearest friend and spoke of how on these pills I didn’t want to do anything. They clouded my mind, spirit, gave me apathy and extreme anxiety.

Now? I want to do EVERYTHING! Just EVERYTHING! And I cannot wait until that day.

For now I wait, practice acceptance and patience, support my body’s innate ability to heal and I’m so very excited about my future!

Dream, plan for the better days that will be yours 😊

• Like 2