Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taper

[An...]
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, [[T...] said:

What are you tapering, and how much are you taking?

@[Ta...] I was on 55mgs of Valium I started tapering In may 2023 currently in 15mgs I cut 1.25 mgs 26 January - 1.25mgs March 2024 currently holding on 15mgs and not going so well 

Edited by [An...]

[Pa...]

It might be time to slow your taper down, most have to do this when they get to the lower doses.  What is your tablet size and do you have enough supply to slow down?

[An...]

I agree with Pam. I would also hold where you currently are and see if you can stabilize here. You have come off quite a bit in about 10 months. Congrats! Did you cross from another benzo to 55 mgs of V or were you just on valium before you started your taper?

Welcome to BB btw @[An...].

• Like 1

[or...]

@[An...] when I was at 15 mgs of valium, I followed Ashton's reduction schedule and cut .5 mgs every week. That proved to much so I dropped back to .5 mgs every 2 weeks, which was more comfortable. It seems that your reductions are a tad large . . . maybe think about slowing down/ cutting less? @[Pa...] certainly has a point . . . most of us slowed down when we felt not so great. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

[Ta...]

When you say that "it's not going so well," what symptoms do you have and how are you feeling?

• Love 1

[An...]

Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate it @[Pa...] the tablets are 5mgs Valium and yes I can take my time with the taper, I have enough supply 

@[An...] I did not cross over I have been on Valium for 6 years and built tolerance and had to keep upping my dose. 

• Like 1

[An...]
Posted (edited)

@[Ta...] currently my symptoms are extreme anxiety and depression, extreme muscle aches in my shoulder neck and back, paranoia, intrusive thoughts I take restavit to sleep as I will not sleep at all I get around 6 hours a night. Sweating and can’t really hold a conversation/isolation teeth grinding in my sleep 

Edited by [An...]