Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taper and long hold

[An...]

Currently down to 15mgs of Valium from 55mgs in the past 8 months I cut 2.5mgs ( 5 weeks ago ) 3 week mark had an amazing window for 2 days. Could I be in tolerance withdrawal when holding too long ? This is getting worse day by day 

Edited by [An...]

[je...]

Hi @[An...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

How wonderful to have a two day window! But I understand it is really difficult when symptoms get worse and we are struggling. In my opinion the most likely explanation is you have cut too fast and your cuts have caught up with you, causing these symptoms. Going from 55mg to 15mg in 8 months is a very rapid taper. If your symptoms are difficult to manage you might want to consider updosing or alternatively, if you feel it's okay, you can try and tough it out.

We're glad you're here and happy to support you. 

[An...]

@[je...] hey thank you so much for your reply, I didn’t think that my taper was rapid I think your right. I didn’t know what I was doing wrong ? I lost a lot of weight and only started re gaining around a month ago, some days are super hard and some days are easier. It’s so weird, it’s up and down the days that are easier are still hard just not as hard. What do you recommend I hold this dose or a while ? Or will I go into tolerance 

a lot of symptoms have diminished but new ones have come on I had to get Botox as I aged 10 years in 8 months? My hair has just started to grow back, I had multiple psychotic episodes, but I have a bad symptom which is teeth grinding which I heard Botox in the jaw stops that ( booked for this month ) as I’ve destroyed my enamel 

[Pa...]

@[An...], holding seems like a good idea, I don't think you'd need to worry about tolerance, holding is a useful tool many of our members have used. 

As for the teeth grinding, you might look into using a mouthguard. 

• Love 1

[je...]

If you are functional then you can hold your dose. Like @[Pa...] suggested a mouth guard is good to protect your teeth but I also had Botox prior to benzo’s for muscle pain in the jaw and for a long time it worked well. But I still think you need the mouth guard too. 

• Love 1

[An...]
7 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[An...], holding seems like a good idea, I don't think you'd need to worry about tolerance, holding is a useful tool many of our members have used. 

Thank you so much @[Pa...]i will look into a mouth guard @[je...]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
[An...]
Posted (edited)
On 06/03/2024 at 00:16, [[P...] said:

Your always commenting and such great help thank you for being a kind human I had TMJ Botox and the grinding has disappeared 

Edited by [An...]
Added extra