Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Waves and Windows?

[Kh...]

Three weeks off after 16 week taper.  Been feeling awful.  Think I had a window yesterday.  Seemed like symptoms subsided for a couple hours.  Not really sure but…and today it seems like the symptoms are back in full force.  Worse than I can remember.  Is this a common pattern?  Anyone been thru this?  If I did have a window, could that be a sign that more are to come?  Maybe some healing is taking place?  Still in a bad place, really since I began the taper back in October.  🙏🙏

• Like 2

[Co...]

I think the window is a good sign. It is a common pattern for brain healing apparently.

[PE...]

Hi @[Kh...] :)

yes most seems to have good and bad times. So it’s totally normal.

three weeks off good job!

it usually getd better after 2-4 weeks. Just keep on  doing what you do, you got this!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

[Kh...]
26 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi @[Kh...] :)

yes most seems to have good and bad times. So it’s totally normal.

three weeks off good job!

it usually getd better after 2-4 weeks. Just keep on  doing what you do, you got this!

Peppe my friend I hope ur right. It’s been 3 weeks of pure hell so far.  How can it get better?  Some of your comfort food would be nice.  The tinnitus and head issues are awful. 

• Like 2

[Kh...]
30 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I think the window is a good sign. It is a common pattern for brain healing apparently.

Hope ur right.  I need more of this.  The current state is hard to bear.  

[Co...]

I think it is very lucky and something to be positive about! I wish I had windows but ever since taking this for less than 2 weeks in October 2022 I have been insanely ill non-stop with only very gradual small improvements. Once a window I believe more windows will come yes :)

• Like 1

[PE...]
41 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Peppe my friend I hope ur right. It’s been 3 weeks of pure hell so far.  How can it get better?  Some of your comfort food would be nice.  The tinnitus and head issues are awful. 

If looking at your timeline you should be at the peak now! You made it :)

just give it a few days a week or something like that.

thah you deserve some good food now buddy 😊😊

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

[Kh...]
Just now, [[n...] said:

If looking at your timeline you should be at the peak now! You made it :)

just give it a few days a week or something like that.

thah you deserve some good food now buddy 😊😊

Pray to the heavens ur right 🙏🙏

[PE...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

Pray to the heavens ur right 🙏🙏

For sure my friend.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

22 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Three weeks off after 16 week taper.  Been feeling awful.  Think I had a window yesterday.  Seemed like symptoms subsided for a couple hours.  Not really sure but…and today it seems like the symptoms are back in full force.  Worse than I can remember.  Is this a common pattern?  Anyone been thru this?  If I did have a window, could that be a sign that more are to come?  Maybe some healing is taking place?  Still in a bad place, really since I began the taper back in October.  🙏🙏

Yes, exactly my wd pattern. A window comes out of nowhere and then everything is back and seem to be getting worse. And there seems to be no logic in it but, by and by, i have been really getting better in an unstable manner. I still have it all but the intensity doesn't live up to the level of tapering or first months off. 

Yes, i think, it means more windows to come or they'll stay open longer (my case) But, once again, it's impossible to predict when.

Sure you're healing) The healing is just too tough on us sometimes...Hold on and good luck to you!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

It’s funny it seems like my windows may be happening when I wake up and lounge in bed….when I get up and moving it seems like symptoms come back?  I guess a little relief is better than nothing but need to get back to doing things again.   7-8 months of very little normal activity is getting old and unhealthy.  Can’t lounge around forever ☺️

@[Kh...], sure a little relief is better than nothing. At least, you can guess that the healing must be underway. Just keep in mind the withdrawal won't last forever. You will do all different things you want or need to again.

...lounge forever...some days it sounds appealing) Wish you clear windows which stay open longer and longer!)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

It sure seems like withdrawal will last forever 🙏

It just seems... People do it and live happily ever after or smth like that) But yes sometimes it can take long and yet.

Wish you a speedy recovery!)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
[Kh...]

Close to 7 weeks out.  I am definitely experiencing windows and waves.  When windows come I feel pretty good…almost normal.  Except for the Tinnitus, of course.  It’s such an emotional roller coaster.  Feel ok, then hit again, feel awful, want it to end.  Worry about how long it’s gonna last etc.   wow this is the toughest thing ever.  🙏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

Close to 7 weeks out.  I am definitely experiencing windows and waves.  When windows come I feel pretty good…almost normal.  Except for the Tinnitus, of course.  It’s such an emotional roller coaster.  Feel ok, then hit again, feel awful, want it to end.  Worry about how long it’s gonna last etc.   wow this is the toughest thing ever.  🙏

Exactly an emotional rollercoaster!) Up and down and up again. Still riding it but in a calmer way. Sometimes miss the first ups, not the downs though...

@[Kh...], it will end, no doubt. Think, you are doing ok and will slow down eventually at a happy healthy level. Wish you smoooth healing!)

• Like 1

[Sw...]

Wow I just read through this thread from the beginning and it’s amazing how far you’ve come! Congratulations you have reached almost 2 months! It’s all trending toward healthy and happy… and yeah it takes time… saw my BIL today and he broke his leg, he can walk with one crutch and a boot now after 6 weeks of healing but doctors told him full healing will take a year. The body takes its time. We can work around the healing with a “crutch” but not truly healed for a bit longer. 

• Like 1