Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is internal tremor the same as Essential Tremor

[Ba...]

Ive had this internal vibration for a while now and its very concerning. Presently, the intensity is up and i have to remind myself that it will lessen    But sometimes during these instances I forget about the less intense times. its like they never existed. These internal vibrations with periodic surges are awful. They make me second guess if its withdrawal. Didn’t have this before benzo.

[Ra...]
3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Ive had this internal vibration for a while now and its very concerning. Presently, the intensity is up and i have to remind myself that it will lessen    But sometimes during these instances I forget about the less intense times. its like they never existed. These internal vibrations with periodic surges are awful. They make me second guess if its withdrawal. Didn’t have this before benzo.

@[Ba...] i have also exteme internal vibrations/buzzing sensations,and i am thinking of it one of symptom of akathisia,becaue i also have internal agitation .

Any way it could be due to adrenaline surges.

[ns...]
3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Braqah, 

I'm sorry you are experiencing this!

I too have internal tremors vibrations. 

It's been going on for at least 6 months and had progressed. 

I'm having relief from the tremors and the break is a welcomed one.

I do believe this is caused by withdrawal and as the benzo gets further out of my system all of my symptoms seem to be lessening. 

These tremors, vibrations have been disabling for me. I have trouble standing and walking because of them. My abdominal muscles and nerves are jumping around and causing me  tension from my chest down. But as I said they are improving. 

I know it's difficult to change your focus but it's imperative that you do. The more we focus the more intense the symptoms. This causes our symptoms to dig in which in turn causes our cns to light up. This is my understanding of how it works and I've found that it applies to me.

If I focus on any symptom, they become more intense and consistent. I can feel them engulfing my entire being and my nervous system gets hit, then it's misery. 

You have to push through, keep going, rest of course but try to live as normal a life as possible! This is very difficult I know. The symptoms are screaming at us for attention. 

Ignoring these is very difficult I know so it's best to breath thru, change your focus change your mind and push on.

Be as compassionate with yourself as possible ok. You'll get thru this!

Ns

• Like 2

[Ba...]
1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Braqah, 

I do believe this is caused by withdrawal and as the benzo gets further out of my system all of my symptoms seem to be lessening. 

These tremors, vibrations have been disabling for me. I have trouble standing and walking because of them. My abdominal muscles and nerves are jumping around and causing me  tension from my chest down. But as I said they are improving. 

I know it's difficult to change your focus but it's imperative that you do. The more we focus the more intense the symptoms. This causes our symptoms to dig in which in turn causes our cns to light up. This is my understanding of how it works and I've found that it applies to me.

If I focus on any symptom, they become more intense and consistent. I can feel them engulfing my entire being and my nervous system gets hit, then it's misery. 

You have to push through, keep going, rest of course but try to live as normal a life as possible! This is very difficult I know. The symptoms are screaming at us for attention. 

Ignoring these is very difficult I know so it's best to breath thru, change your focus change your mind and push on.

Ns

Hi this is the toughest WD symptom. I think Ive had this for continuously for over a year now or close to it. Does yours change in intensity and speed?  Sometimes it feels like a drill inside then it starts to feel like Im on a boat but its all inside. I guess it could be worse like having external tremors.

[Ba...]
1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Braqah, 

Ns

Hi this is the toughest WD symptom. I think Ive had this for continuously for over a year now or close to it. Does yours change in intensity and speed?  Sometimes it feels like a drill inside then it starts to feel like Im on a boat but its all inside. I guess it could be worse like having external tremors.

1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

@[Ba...] i have also exteme internal vibrations/buzzing sensations,and i am thinking of it one of symptom of akathisia,becaue i also have internal agitation .

Any way it could be due to adrenaline surges.

Im so sorry about the agitation. I dont have that but i do feel highly annoyed when the intensity is up. Just now it felt like it wanted to calm down and it scared me because i couldn’t feel my heart thumping. Normally, you’re not supposed to feel your heart beating but nothin is normal about this. 

[ns...]
4 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

There u go, yes it could be worse. That's a positive attitude!

Way to go!

Yes the symptoms always change,in intensity and different ones come and go at least I heard this from many and for me as well. Everyone is different and we all experience different kinds of symptoms at different stages it seems. 

Remember, try not to focus on those symptoms, it's been my experience that changing my mind and focus usually brings the intensity down but I guess I've already mentioned that.

How do u pass your time?

Are u able to get out much?

How's your diet?

Sugar, caffeine are stimulants and can for many add to the intensity of our symptoms as well.

I've changed my entire diet. I really thought many foods were causing me to be more symptomatic. I've cut out everything unhealthy. I've found that the foods I couldn't tolerate are high in msg or are high histamine foods leading to believe I had a histamine intolerance, but I don't think that's the case now. I just think that the chemical changes we experience makes us sensitive to different foods, vit, supplements etc . But it's good I've adapted a healthy diet and I'm glad for it but I do miss many foods I used to eat.  I will be adapting them back into my diet as time allows. 

Just curious if you've made lifestyle changes and if any of them have helped you. 

Take care 

Ns

[Ra...]
20 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Im so sorry about the agitation. I dont have that but i do feel highly annoyed when the intensity is up. Just now it felt like it wanted to calm down and it scared me because i couldn’t feel my heart thumping. Normally, you’re not supposed to feel your heart beating but nothin is normal about this. 

@[Ba...] my body does not feel calm, not even for one second.

Intensity of my symptoms worse at morning but vibrations /restlessness present 24/7

I want my oldself badly.

• Like 1

[Ba...]

Im certainly understand how distressing this can be. How long have you been off benzos? 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
Just now, [[B...] said:

Im certainly understand how distressing this can be. How long have you been off benzos? 

@[Ba...] i am tapering AD, on benzo

AD gave me akathisia (adverse reaction), but my doctor continously was denying it, calling it anxiety. 

I am badly suffering from july 2023

AD are worse than benzo

• Sad 1