Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I really need some help!

[Jo...]

Does any one know what it feels like Serotonin Syndrome? I am mainly talking to those who have experienced it. The reason why I am asking is because I am taking a serotonin reuptake called Amitriptyline. My doc prescribed this to me 6 months ego to take for sleep at night. I am taking 25 mg. And for the past 2 months there feels like there is a thick sludge that is underneath my skin and muscles. 

I would also like to mention that I was put on this drug after a dangerously fast taper off of klonopin. So, my CNS is a wreck and I have been experiencing benzo withdrawal. Please ask around. 

Info: age 23, last dose k was 6 months ago, over dose, did a dangerous fast taper, and was prescribed Amitriptyline 25mg for sleep. 

[Ma...]

I’m sorry you’re experiencing these sensations, but, no this is not serotonin syndrome (I am not a doctor).

Please call your dr and perhaps lower the dose. Or taper if you don’t think it’s beneficial.

In the meantime please don’t panic-try to breathe. Try to distract yourself. If it’s nice where you live, go for a walk and get some fresh air.

Breathe. You are going to be okay!

[Ra...]
4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Does any one know what it feels like Serotonin Syndrome? I am mainly talking to those who have experienced it. The reason why I am asking is because I am taking a serotonin reuptake called Amitriptyline. My doc prescribed this to me 6 months ego to take for sleep at night. I am taking 25 mg. And for the past 2 months there feels like there is a thick sludge that is underneath my skin and muscles. 

I would also like to mention that I was put on this drug after a dangerously fast taper off of klonopin. So, my CNS is a wreck and I have been experiencing benzo withdrawal. Please ask around. 

Info: age 23, last dose k was 6 months ago, over dose, did a dangerous fast taper, and was prescribed Amitriptyline 25mg for sleep. 

@[Jo...] no this is not serotonin syndrome. 

Serotonin syndrome build with in hours or within fews days.