Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Severe sensitization?, short termer, cascading setbacks?

[th...]

Hey all I really need some support I am suffering so much and so bewildered. I am a short term user with some benzo use and a short term withdrawal and alcohol withdrawal in my past. I only found benzobuddies during this current withdrawal difficulty after relapsing in my sobriety and found out how insanely protracted and intense withdrawal can be. 

You can read my story in my post history. Currently on day 88 post c/t after 6 days of use, 4 total MG of kpin 2 total MG of xanax. 

Got a good window at day 60 and thought I was going to be in the clear. I had a small cup of coffee 1 day and a sweet tea along with eating pizza the next day at day 80 because I was feeling better. Started a week of wave/setbeck a week ago. It has only seemed to get worse and feels like my CNS is reacting to literally everything. I've tried many helper meds and supplements along the way and most have done me bad but some have helped and not hurt. CBD oil has seemingly helped a lot and I have done well with a small mag/kelp supplement and a multivitamin. To my chagrin however I only seem to be getting MORE sensitized since this wave set in.

I'm up all night tonight with really rough neuropathy/unbearable tinnitus/akathisia. All I can think that triggered this was some food from a Japanese steakhouse which they specifically told me had no msg (maybe they lied) or a cbd gummy which I only took 1/4 of (cause so scared to introduce new harm) that contained ashwaganda and ginseng. I took this gummy several nights ago and it didn't seem to trigger anything bad but damn who the hell knows at this point. I seemed to be doing almost normal in my window and now it feels like I'm so severely sensitized and things that had been working fine are making it worse. Anyone else experience this continuing ramp up of sensitivity? Please help I've got kids and a job and I don't know what the heck to do.

I get it with caffeine and i obviously didnt respect it enough. But gee whiz these small small doses of supplements to test out efficacy continuing to harm my nervous system ? Do people get so sensitive they can't take tinctures with dropperfulls of alcohol? 

[Re...]

Hello @[th...]! Sometimes it takes a very short time for these medications to cause trouble. Consuming alcohol, caffeine or adding supplements makes the situation more complicated. I see your confusion that as a short time user you would expect this to be all over, but quite often it is just not the case, especially if other medications are in the mix (Adderall in your case). 

I understand that you need to take care of your three children and work and you are looking for a relief in this. I really do. Complete abstinence from alcohol, no caffeine, stopping trying extra supplements will definitely benefit someone going through this. Our body seems to be in such a heightened state - whatever we try the symptoms come back with revenge. There seems to be no shortcut in this, I have tried countless teas, capsules, but they usually made things worse. We just have to go through the process. 

Healing in this seems to be not linear, times we just feel better but often discouraged again without having done anything obvious. The same is true about sensitivities - it changes from time to time. But, it is already wonderful news that you had a window, I personally never had those!!

What seems to benefit people the most is simple, unprocessed, healthy food and regular light excersize. I honestly hope that the sooner we accept that there is no chemical or substance to make this better, the faster our systems will find balance.

I am your age with bit of a complicated history, too, as I dropped an antidepressant as well. Although I am long time user, I do see progess, but it is really slow and often not that obvious. As you are a really short time user, I hope you will feel some relief very very soon. Hang in there! :mybuddy:

• Like 1

[he...]

Hi @[th...], ashwagandha is GABAergic, so it's possible it could've caused some problems for you, but it's more likely you're just still in the process of healing and things go back and forth way more than we would like. I agree with ReubenRalph that you should avoid alcohol, caffeine, excess sugar, and most supplements. I try to get all my nutrients through healthy foods. I do as much whole food as I can and avoid processed and fast foods as much as possible. You will get through this, and you will get better!

Edited by [he...]